Magazine weight vs real world weight:)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tommasini

by tommasini

Sorry if my prior post wasn't clear regarding my intent or if it sounded less than friendly.

I think it's good to shoot for a target regarding weight - but remembering that once out on the road a few hundred grams this way or that don't trump more important issues like getting a good fit.

Definitely a setback post is not appropriate now with the current saddle setting. And it's fair for those who slapped me around a bit after my first post - as I've never seen how the OP sits on his bike. But whether the OP has gotten fitted or not, when I see a saddle position like that I have a strong sense that some change needs to be considered - to allow getting the hips further back and better utilize muscles through a greater range of power input. Gradually work that saddle back.....even if it means eventually trading off a super lightweight straight post for a slightly heavier set back.

Anyways, here's to many enjoyable good miles on your 'dale!

T

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

madmole

by madmole

Swap out the brakes for Planet X CNC ones, 100g saved and better braking, oh and you can get fancy colours too. Then just swap the cables for i-links (forget the fancy string in them), that will get you the 60
Cervelo S3 2011. Blinged 6.718 Kg