hip soreness

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

friends,
I have finally found a good position on my road bike, where Im not getting saddle sores, and I dont feel discomfort on the seat. Moved my seat down a back few weeks back. Only issue is that after a my local bike shop A ride, my hips got a little bit sore. I was wondering what that means?

thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

swiftvelo

by swiftvelo

You changed your position and went for a hard ride. That alone will make you sore. Were on your hip are you sore? Best thing you could do is get a proper fit.

russianbear

by russianbear

You're fine, as the poster above me said, it's just from hard riding.

But in case it's an actual issue, "hip" and "a bit sore" is vague. What kind of pain? Is it localized? Has it gone away a couple days later?

sedluk

by sedluk

My hips get sore if my saddle height is too high. It can be a subtle soreness and a few mm can make a difference.

topflightpro

by topflightpro

Hip soreness can be caused by too small a hip angle. Though you lowered your saddle, sliding it back could have resulted in you bending over more.

dwilson

by dwilson

Yes I wonder what you mean by hip soreness. I have IT band issues on and off with one leg. Sometimes when I do an easy ride it hurts worse than after a race. Planning to get a good fit this winter.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

There's an 5-1 chance that any advice you get here will be complete bullsh!t...

Your hips move in how many different directions and are working in conc with how many other body parts?

Go see a good fitter if it keeps happening.

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

thanks guys, yeah, I didnt give you enough info for sure, the good news is that Im feeling better today and the pain is gone. I too was thinking that there might not be enough of a hip angel that could be doing it. The position is feels good on the bike, the power is there, it leaves my legs fresher for sprints vs being forward more

if this continues, I will get fitted

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

digitalnorbs wrote:friends,
I have finally found a good position on my road bike, where Im not getting saddle sores, and I dont feel discomfort on the seat. Moved my seat down a back few weeks back. Only issue is that after a my local bike shop A ride, my hips got a little bit sore. I was wondering what that means?
That you should be on the B ride?

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

Lol, b ride, that was good, I for sure don't belong there,that's 17-18mph avg, we do 21+, I like o punish my self like many here do;)

Stan12

by Stan12

I think you have a sensitive ego in addition to sore hips. Posting an A ride to start the thread and then your average speed to show why you don't belong in B! Come on, lighten up, and no need to brag

artray

by artray

Yeah I remember when I was climbing up Alp d' Huez with Contador and after dropping him halfway up my toe got a bit sore . It's alright now though just had a stone in my shoe . How me and Alberto laughed at the top of Alp d' huez after only 39 mins of Climbing. Do you think I should get new shoes?
:lol:

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

LOL, I didnt mean to get any one upset. Im not fast, I just ride with others that are, they are the one towing me so I can get good avg speed. Im old man, work alot and have two kids=old and slow, LOL

Sorry guys

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

by the way, I know some one that races, he just came back from a road race, he is cat 2, it was a 90 mile race,
he got dropped at about 77 miles in, he finished with 27.2 avg speed, now thats bragging.

do you still think 21mph is fast with my A group, LOL Im pretty sure that most of you, if you where on my ride could hang and have a great time, pace line, few sprints, no real hills.

I ride so I dont get fat=)

CharlesM

by CharlesM

I don't think you're the one that's sensitive here... :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com