Aero Gloves

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DCote

by DCote

Does anyone have any suggestions as to which aero gloves I should go with? I've tried Castelli and loved the first aero gloves from them however I can no longer find them in my preferred colors or my size and the new ones are too expensive. I have also tried some Pearl Izumis and although I generally have no complaints of Pearl Izumi usually, these gloves weren't great. Any ideas?

superleggera

by superleggera

Giro's aero glove.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DCote

by DCote

Thanks, I shall check that out! Any more suggestions?

Elpimpo

by Elpimpo

I saw the name of this thread and was like :roll:

This aero phase is getting out of control
everyone is rolling out in 60mm wheels on hills and short rides
if you aint got deep dish youre not cool
The cervelo S5 is absurd!

[end rant]

clarkson

by clarkson

I couldn't care less about the supposed aero advantages of the gloves, but I do LOVE the fact that there is extremely minimal padding and no velcro, which generally deters me from wearing gloves.

So I love 'aero' gloves for that reason, if nothing else. I've had two pairs of castelli ones, and one PI pair, and all have been great. No other suggestions though, sorry.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

I hear you and feel the same. I have been using the Giro LTZ for the past year for exactly those reasons. They give a little more grip in the wet and a little protection in case it should ever be needed. I use the XS, even though I could get away with size S because I like them supertight so they don't move or squish around at all on my hands. The charcoal black gloves become very light grey when I get them on.

Combined with Spec Roubaix bar tape, they are a perfect setup.
Last edited by Powerful Pete on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deleted quote. PP

ECT

by ECT

What size do you consider your hands? I would like a pair of the LTZ's, but the only size I can easily get is x-small, and I normally wear size small Giros. Do you think I could get away with x-small?
Last edited by Powerful Pete on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deleted quote. PP

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

My hands measure 8" or 20.5cm across the palm at the widest part.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

ECT wrote:I would like a pair of the LTZ's, but the only size I can easily get is x-small
I got my first pair of the Giro LTZ for time trials but found that with no pads, they were very comfortable and started using them both for road and cyclocross and found them to be very durable. As for size, I normally wear size medium in Giro or Pearl Izumi gloves but decided to go up one size which I found to be correct as they are very snug/form fitting.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"