Upgrading 2009 Cdale Hi-Mod Supersix

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sandico

by sandico

Recently bought a 2009 hi mod Cdale 60 cm. Its at 14.8 with full 7900 DA but has the hollogram crankset. Also has some heavier clinchers etc. I plan to swap on my Bonty XXX lite carbon tubies and zero gravity brake set.

I also want to swap over to SRAM red 2012/13 or whatever the hell the year is with front der. yaw adjustment. I know I should in theory run the whole SRAM group but would prefer to just swap out levers and both ders.

Anybody know:

1. Can I use the 2012/13 levers and front der. with the hollowgram cranks?
2. Can I use a SRAM red 2011 rear der. if levers and front der. is 2012/13
3. Assuming I use Sram red levers front and rear ders. vs. the DA what the weight shave will be?
4. What is weight shave of zero gravity vs. 7900 DA calipers?

I am sure someone will flame me for not using search but I tried that and you only get 200000 hits for SRAM red! :cry:

Tokyo Drifter

by Tokyo Drifter

1. yes
2. yes
3. look it up and do some sums.
4. about 90g or so. you can't really use 7900 brakes with sram red. Either get sram brakes, zero-g, revl, TRP/tektro or some other brake that is designed around a standard (sram/campagnolo/7800) cam ratio.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sandico

by sandico

Thanks I wasn't sure on mixing the hollowgram crankset seems I'd read there could be some chain rub issues. Was more confident I could use the older gen rear der but thought I'd throw it out there for any experience with it.