Show us your Dales

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

system787

by system787

First post after lurking for quite a while. Sorry for the crappy cellphone pic.

2007 SystemSix Frame Size 58cm
I absolutely LOVE the stiffness of this frame. It's quite insane how much stiffer it feels than anything else I've ever ridden. Especially with the bb30 and the hollowgram cranks, the SystemSix allows me to transfer every bit of power I put into my pedals straight into forward motion. It's a little jarring over rough roads, but same can be said about a CAAD10 I tried out previously.

Drivetrain:
Hollowgram SI Standard double crank
Dura Ace 7800 shifters and rear derailleur
Ultegra 6700 Front derailleur
2008 Easton EA90 SLX wheelset
SRAM Red 11-23 Cassette

Cockpit and Saddle:
Ritchey WCS Logic Bar
Ritchey WCS Stem -17 degree (I'm stuck with a white one, but it's not worth swapping out for me as I love the weight and stiffness)
Fake "Ritchey Superlogic Seatpost". It's a chinese replica, design is the same as a Bontrager carbon post, but the hardware is absolute garbage. I'm trying to find just the hardware for a bonty post, but I might as well find a WCS post in 30.8. It comes in at 160g though, so not too bad for the ~25 i paid.
Selle Italia SLR XP saddle

Misc:
Yokozuna Reaction Cables
Ultegra 6700 brakeset (Considering finding 7800 to match the set or grabbing a set of the Planet X CNC brakes)
Forte Carbon Cages (definitely on the upgrade list as they cannot hold a bottle over rougher roads)
Speedplay Chromoly Zero pedals, untuned.
Continental GP4000S Clincher tires
Vredestein Latex Tubes (LOVE these. 53g each and ride so beautifully.)
Generic chinese titanium skewers, $25 for ~45g skewers

Total weight: 16 lbs on the dot as reported by a parktools scale.

I'm thinking of building up a set of 38mm tubular rims to cx-rays on the BHS Rotaz hubs. 20/24 and some light tubbies and I might be able to save about 400 grams from the wheels.
Planet X brakes will drop me another ~115 grams if they come in under 215 grams.
Titanium bolts and hollowgram SISL hardware may drop me another 50 grams.
I'm considering a carbon saddle, but I'd like a more robust seatpost before I get one those. The clamping system on this Bontrager clone is really bad. Maybe either a Ritchey WCS seatpost or a Thomson Masterpiece if I am able to find one for cheap.

tcurtbike
Best Freak bike poster

by tcurtbike

altergrafx wrote:Thanks. The fork fits straight. EDGE (now ENVE you know) makes 1-1/4

How's the handling? Looks really nice regardless, you may have inspired me to do something similar with my CAAD build....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

altergrafx

by altergrafx

That's really nice. Stiff, light and totally smooth. I can't tell the difference between EDGE and original one because I bought the frame only. But I believe it is worth replacing and most importantly, looks nice :mrgreen:

tcurtbike wrote:
altergrafx wrote:Thanks. The fork fits straight. EDGE (now ENVE you know) makes 1-1/4

How's the handling? Looks really nice regardless, you may have inspired me to do something similar with my CAAD build....

UKpaul

by UKpaul

Heres mine.
Not even been out on it yet, or had it on the scales but I'm guessing at sub 6.8kg.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5613/img0667kf.jpg

laleme

by laleme

~6.6kg as shown, and <6.4kg with the CCUs.

Zitter

by Zitter

awesome caad10, like a black version of laleme's with the liquigas colors
Last edited by Zitter on Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

laleme

by laleme

Zitter wrote:awesome caad10, like a black version of that guy with the liquigas colors

Haha, thanks - I am that guy. It's a crash replacement frame; I crashed around 6 times this past racing season. The frame was still rideable (or so I could tell), but there were quite a few dents in various places.

Zitter

by Zitter

haha i just realized, still my favorite setup

itsacarr

by itsacarr

beautifuly clean setup man ... love that SRM .... still my favorite one
Just ride ..

willhouse

by willhouse

That looks awesome with the small green details...

livio livius

by livio livius

Replace stem with 3T Team Black Edition http://www.probikekit.com/eu/components ... -stem.html . This would make the bike looking even better.

Dammit

by Dammit

6.54kg after the latest round of small modifications:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

laleme

by laleme

livio livius wrote:Replace stem with 3T Team Black Edition http://www.probikekit.com/eu/components ... -stem.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . This would make the bike looking even better.

One problem... there are no -17 degree team stealth stems. :?