pc7 like mount for Garmin 500?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ms6073

by ms6073

RaceWareDirect wrote:does it have the same quarter turn fixing as the 200/500/800 models?
Yes and no. The Forerunner series are typically worn on the wrist and like the Forerunner 305, Garmin offers a 'quick release' kit for the 910XT whcih uses the same quarter turn fixing as the Edge 200/500/800 models except that for some reason, Garmin molded the mounting tabs with a 90-degree offset from the Edge models.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Spinnekop

by Spinnekop

"In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is DESIRE.
No reason or principle contain it or stand against it........"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

boysa

by boysa

The K-Edge just looks so "chunky" to me. Square and bulky.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

RaceWareDirect
in the industry

by RaceWareDirect

ms6073 wrote:
RaceWareDirect wrote:does it have the same quarter turn fixing as the 200/500/800 models?
Yes and no. The Forerunner series are typically worn on the wrist and like the Forerunner 305, Garmin offers a 'quick release' kit for the 910XT whcih uses the same quarter turn fixing as the Edge 200/500/800 models except that for some reason, Garmin molded the mounting tabs with a 90-degree offset from the Edge models.

Hi Michael,

In that case, so long as you are using the quick release kit then I can help you, it just means i need to turn the head that mounts the garmin through 90-degrees which is an easy cad mod. I will do it and post up a render image so you can see if it is what you want.

Martyn
2011 Track Masters World Champion
Cervelo T3
Colnago CX-1
S works shiv
Specialized Tarmac SL5 Di2
Specialized epic comp

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

K-edge is 30g, RaceWareDirect is 10g (?)
Lighter = better on this forum.

The one upside to the K-edge that I can tell is that it is length adjustable, but I can't see the RWD version taking on that feature without additional weight.
Long-term durability wise... any insights?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

boysa

by boysa

prendrefeu wrote:K-edge is 30g, RaceWareDirect is 10g (?)
Lighter = better on this forum.

I am so ashamed of myself... I wasn't even considering the weight difference. I must now head out and punish myself on the bike tonight in this 100deg heat. No, no! Don't try to stop me! It must be done.

Seriously, I'm waiting for the newest version of the RWD mounts to arrive in the mail. I have an older prototype, and I think it's great. There has been some loosening of the grip on the Garmin, but I fixed that with a spot of electrical tape. I anticipate the newest version being just an overall more solid unit.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

RaceWareDirect
in the industry

by RaceWareDirect

ms6073 wrote:

Is this the orientation that you would need?
Attachments
500 with 90-degree offset
500 with 90-degree offset
Cervelo T3
Colnago CX-1
S works shiv
Specialized epic comp

Stuartclark1977

by Stuartclark1977

Calfee just posted pics of a bar/stem combo with an integrated garmin mount on their Facebook page...not cheap needless to say!

Rippin

by Rippin

Yeah, saw that. It's $200 ...and ugly.
____o
_`\<,_
(*)/ (*)

ms6073

by ms6073

RaceWareDirect wrote:Is this the orientation that you would need?

danridesbikes wrote:is there anything out there that mounts teh 910xt in the same position?
the barfly mounts it at 90 degrees

Actually I am still looking for updates on a mount for FSA Plasma integrated handlebars. It was danridesbikes who was enquiring about mounts for the Forerunner 910XT, I simply responded when you enquired as to proper orientation.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

Rippin wrote:Yeah, saw that. It's $200 ...and ugly.

yea this looks horrible

RaceWareDirect
in the industry

by RaceWareDirect

ms6073 wrote:
RaceWareDirect wrote:Is this the orientation that you would need?

danridesbikes wrote:is there anything out there that mounts teh 910xt in the same position?
the barfly mounts it at 90 degrees

Actually I am still looking for updates on a mount for FSA Plasma integrated handlebars. It was danridesbikes who was enquiring about mounts for the Forerunner 910XT, I simply responded when you enquired as to proper orientation.

Thanks Michael, I have not forgotten about the integrated mount, I have just been testing new design features on the regular road mounts, they are going well. The modifications would be transferred across the entire range so makes sense to design an integrated mount after this testing stage.

Martyn
Cervelo T3
Colnago CX-1
S works shiv
Specialized epic comp

GeeTee

by GeeTee

I've had some great email correspondence from Martyn regarding a mount for my 800. Looking forward to him getting the latest iterations of the wider offset model back in stock for my Easton EA90 SL Stem.

Any update on the timescales Martyn?

drmutley

by drmutley

Here's some pics of my setup...
RWD mount looks good... Nice n stiff, and my lights mount sits nicely under it... Looks compact n tidy...

RaceWareDirect
in the industry

by RaceWareDirect

GeeTee wrote:I've had some great email correspondence from Martyn regarding a mount for my 800. Looking forward to him getting the latest iterations of the wider offset model back in stock for my Easton EA90 SL Stem.

Any update on the timescales Martyn?

Hi,

Yes indeed, I have some news on the wider versions, these are currently being built and all being well I should have a few for those that have placed orders by next weekend,

Martyn
Cervelo T3
Colnago CX-1
S works shiv
Specialized epic comp

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com