Request Merida Matts TFS frame weight

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

NazZaR

by NazZaR

Hello friends!

Were searching the whole web to find how much my frame weighs.
I have got a 2009 Merida Matts TFS-XC 100-V, love this bike. Went through many upgrades, replaced everything except seatpost, stem and couple of bolts, but all the time i was wondering, how much my original frame weights.

All that i found in the web is the Merida Matts TFS XC Pro frame weight - 1800 grams, but i am not sure that my frame has "Pro" in its name.

Here is the image of exact bike (except color) that i had before the upgrades.

Thank you all in advance!!!
Last edited by NazZaR on Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

krzysiekmz

by krzysiekmz

It should be around the 1800g mark.

Matts TFS 500-D weights a bit over 1800g in size 18'' and that is what I think is on the picture you provided(writing on the chainstay).

Chris.

http://rowerowawaga.pl/index.php?d=arty ... 3&art=2474
Orbea Oiz - xxxx
MSC Koncept Carbon Di2 - 6955g
Leichtkraft Team Carbon - 6868g.

NazZaR

by NazZaR

krzysiekmz wrote:It should be around the 1800g mark.

Matts TFS 500-D weights a bit over 1800g in size 18'' and that is what I think is on the picture you provided(writing on the chainstay).

Chris.

http://rowerowawaga.pl/index.php?d=arty ... 3&art=2474" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oh, thought that i took 100-V image. But the picture i posted is exactly my frame, like 100-v. The red frame you posted is not the same. Bottom tube is curved, and is split from the upper. I guess, it is the PRO version, because i googled bit more, and found that my frame is Matts TFS-XC Comp, not PRO, and it got the tubes straight and welded together.

I replaced the image in the top message of this post, to the 100% exact model of my bike so no one will be confused later on which frame i have :)