No more mechanical campy record after 2013?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

critracer26

by critracer26

The SRAM rep at a demo day this past weekend told me that after 2013 record/super record will not be available after 2013. He said Chorusbwould be the hoghest mech group. Has anyone else heard this rumor?

Wingnut

by Wingnut

IMO I doubt it...that would be a sales killer...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

I find that amazing.

jsinclair

by jsinclair

Funny, I heard from a Shimano rep that after 2013, Sram red and force would be discontinued and rival would be the flagship group.

ticou

by ticou

I heard from a Shimano rep that they were the only bike component factory left in the world, and that they were going to move their HQ to the Calcutta refuse dump to match the glorious seamless organic beauty of their products.

Curious George

by Curious George

To get this back on track, I think what the OP is repeating is the rumor that super record/ record will be electronic only and chorus will be the top mechanical group. Whether this will include all the current benefit of the higher mechanical groups is unknown :noidea:

nspace

by nspace

I'm not sure a SRAM rep would be the most accurate source of this info but regardless, there is not all that much that separates the 3 groupsets as it stands now. If they just in turn decided to tune the current Chorus groupset to shave a bit of weight, you wouldn't be far off. But I think it will bug customers if they have to go electronic to sport the Record name.

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

The current part #'s for Chorus & Record lever internal assembly is the same. SR also appears identical.

Effectively they are all the same now.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

Remember that they went to 11spd with Record and Super Record, dropping the 10spd to Chorus. However I think this one is a bit far-fetched. Like someone said it would be a sales killer.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

critracer26 wrote:The SRAM rep at a demo day this past weekend told me that after 2013 record/super record will not be available after 2013. He said Chorusbwould be the hoghest mech group. Has anyone else heard this rumor?

You'd believe what a rep for a different company tells you about Campag? Utter BS!

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

CarpetFibre wrote:Remember that they went to 11spd with Record and Super Record, dropping the 10spd to Chorus. However I think this one is a bit far-fetched. Like someone said it would be a sales killer.
Nope. All three groups came out at the same time. Then Athena was reintroduced as an entry level 11 speed group.

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

Yeah but Record was 10 speed before hand right? And there's no longer any Record 10 speed. However to be fair I've realised this isn't really a relevant comparison, sorry.

critracer26

by critracer26

ultimobici wrote:
critracer26 wrote:The SRAM rep at a demo day this past weekend told me that after 2013 record/super record will not be available after 2013. He said Chorusbwould be the hoghest mech group. Has anyone else heard this rumor?

You'd believe what a rep for a different company tells you about Campag? Utter BS!

I didn't say I believed him.I don't see them getting rid of record mechanical anytime in the near future. I was just curious as to if anyone else had heard this from an SRAM rep.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

legsrburnin

by legsrburnin

This one really isnt going anywhere guys- Thread Locked
Lefty heaven