Shiny Bikes question

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

nspace

by nspace

Had a few issues checking out from Canada, but they called me the next morning and we did the order over the phone. Ordered a Record groupset and it came within about a week and a half. Great price, I was very satisfied and everything was packed well.

jc7717

by jc7717

I placed an order with these clowns a week and A half ago. Still no despatch but very quick to take the payment of course. Now they won't answer emails and the phone is disconnected. What on earth is going on with them. I have lodged a dispute with my bank in an effort to recover my funds. Avoid them at all costs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

Have you tried the contact form -
https://www.shinybikes.com/help.php?section=contactus&mode=update

Maybe a bit overzealous to contact the bank after a week and a half?

BTW the phone number works fine.

claus

by claus

A week and a half without despatch? Wow, that's really long... NOT.

Ribble just took more than a week to despatch my latest order.

Wrt Shinybikes: they didn't react particularly fast to my first mail, so I used their website contact form. Thereafter they sent me the correct part rather fast (one item was wrong in the previous shipment but its value was so low that shipping back would probably cost as much as the item itself, so they didn't ask for a return shipment).

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

Just realised jc7717 just joined today. First post is to slag off Shineybikes.
Wondering if he's just a troll or even a competitor (conspiracy theory).

BTW I actually phoned the number and got through - it is NOT disconnected.

nspace

by nspace

Heck when I had some international check out issues with payment on the Shiny Bikes site, they called me first thing the next morning, in my time zone, long distance, to clear everything up and made sure it got sorted. Doesn't sound like them.

yongkun

by yongkun

Their customer service are actually quite poo. Never reply to emails after orders are placed. Told me that order was sent, but when i call next week later and enquire about tracking id, lied to me saying that order have been sent already but colleague not proficient enough to attach the tracking id. Guess what, that night i recieved a tracking id, saying that my order just left their place.

I would go with others like wiggle or probikekit if prices are comparable.

ross

by ross

I ordered a groupset from them last year. It took a couple of extra days to arrive due to snow but otherwise no problems whatsoever

LionelB

by LionelB

This is weird. I bought a SR group from them 2 weeks ago. Received it in 5 days. Bought other groups before and it was always without any issue.

jc7717

by jc7717

Just realised 585 is pud puller. The number supplied by shiny bikes on their invoice for international customers to call is wrong. That is the number I was calling. I not a troll or competitor just a customer in Australia trying to get some services from these pricks. After more than 30 calls to the ph no on their main page I finally got an answer. The guy who answered confirmed that they don't have the goods I ordered, didn't stop them from taking my cash straight away. They also never advised me, I had to call them. I requested an immediate refund. Nothing has happened. I called again today all I could get, after 20 engaged calls was a voice message saying they can't take calls right now. The goods I ordered ate still listed on their web site as available. How's that for customer service.

Toto76

by Toto76

Sorry to resurrect this thread.

Decided to purchase a SR groupset, even after reading this thread as it seemed the majority of posters hd a good experience.

Paid for the SR groupset on shinybikes website a month ago. After a week I tried contacting them unsuccessfully many times via phone and email. Finally got through using email but tagging it high priority. Next day receive email with tracking number, so think all is good.

Two weeks later no change in tracking status. So contact parcel force who tell me item hasn't been collected. Three days of emailing back and forth, Shinybikes finally inform me it is still there waiting for chainset 52/36 as they are out of stock and should be back instock in a few days.

Wait another week then request change to 50/34 (which is apparenty instock) as want to get bike upgraded and don't wish to wait any longer.

Contact parcel force as 4 days gone by again and no tracking updates , only to be told still no pick up from shinybikes.

I would normally be more than happy to wait with most online retailers provided they communicate with me what is occurring, but shinybikes fail to tell you anything and getting in contact via phone is impossible as it goes to message bank every time I tried and that message bank is always full. Normal emails don't get responded too either unless you tag them as high priority.

Am considering requesting a refund from my CC company as i can really not be bothered trying to resolve this with them and am very doubtful that this groupset will ever be dispatched.

Alternate is to wait one more week for them to send before taking the above actions, any opinions on which option I should choose.

PS there prices are good but I would not recommend due to such a lack of communication on their behalf.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Yep, too many issues have scared me off from using them...I'll pay a little higher & stick with the reliable Wiggle & Ribble...

yongkun

by yongkun

anyone knows how can i contact them? the shifter i bought, was faulty after half a year. Typical SRAM Fail.

Wanted to send them back for return and repair. Dont wish to call them as telephones are expensive, but they failed to reply to my mails.

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ozrider

by Ozrider

Ordered a few items from them, other than being a bit slow no problem. Their prices are good.
Had no issues with them at all
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done