Campagnolo VS. Sram

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

lokoli

by lokoli

It is very difficult for me to choose a groupset for my new frame. I'm choosing between Campagnolo Super-Record and Sram Red. Both are 2012 year.
I'm interested in that which group is shifting better, faster and which is lighter.

xjbaylor

by xjbaylor

Only one of those can be measured objectively, and that is weight. SRAM Red should be lighter by a small margin. Both groups function incredibly well, and neither is truly better than the other. The real question should be which one do you want?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ticou

by ticou

SR is better looking, has better components, and the best and most durable ceramic bearings, is better made, and will last longer, and has a longer gurantee, plus you can shift up, and down five, with one stroke. Check out 'Competitive cyclist reviews Campy 11 speed' on youtube.

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

I am locking this. OP, please use the search function. These kinds of threads usually turn into fan rants. My advice: they are both top of the line groups that work incredibly well.

Choose the one that you like better, and pay attention to how your hands fit the shifters.
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.