Gentleman's Round

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

shoopdawoop

by shoopdawoop

hes tall and his first name is George.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

and when you participate in 17 TdF's people tend to refer to you in the vernacular as "big".

sawyer

by sawyer

djconnel wrote:
sawyer wrote:Bit dickish. Big George is well past his best I'm afraid.

Err... that's why he's retiring. This is a retirement gift.

I know, but still racing as we type.

17 is a really amazing haul.

Though not as amazing as his famous mountain top win in the Pyrenees. Remarkable :wink: Extraordinary :wink: Unbelievable :wink:
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

What he wanted to win more than anything was Paris-Roubaix. He just had bad luck. :cry:
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

boysa

by boysa

He's looked pretty darn strong the last couple of days, first in the Prologue and now shepherding Cadel around.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Trivia question: You know who's next after Hincapie for the most tours and shows no signs of slowing down?
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

O'Grady?
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Yes! O'Grady. If he doesn't retire before then.

durkonion

by durkonion

Forgive me for being dense, but what does "Gentleman's Round" mean?

Biff

by Biff

sawyer wrote:Though not as amazing as his famous mountain top win in the Pyrenees. Remarkable :wink: Extraordinary :wink: Unbelievable :wink:

Sucking wheel all day,refusing to work only to benefit from the work of Pereiro...Yeah i remember that.It was´nt pretty.

...But anyway 17 is amazing!

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Biff wrote:Sucking wheel all day,refusing to work only to benefit

Isn't that typical of many cyclist's?

Biff

by Biff

That´s true..Except his riding in the break that day was so outright negative that i could´nt help to wish for anybody but him to win that stage.Bless him but that was awfull.

I can´t remember:He now has 17 tour starts and only failed to complete one??.That is if he makes it to Paris this year he will have completed 16 tours? :shock:

rustychain

by rustychain

Big George did very well yesterday and is still on better form then most. The reported speed when he was pulling according to Phil and Paul approaching 50mph :noidea:
He is also more savvy on how to set up a win (even is not his own) and read a race on the road then anyone I can think of
He has defined the role of super domestic.
His role as teacher has helped every squad he has been on and resulted in results that few others can claim

He passed me once on a climb in North Carolina. He went around me like I was a pot hole in the road. Every time I ride in that area I do that climb with the hope if he passes me again I can do a bit better 8)

IMO a class act (something sports could use more of)

I hope he will be seen in the sport for a long time in some new capacity :thumbup:
WW Velocipedist Gargantuan

HillRPete

by HillRPete

swiftvelo wrote:New Conti tire?

+1 need to know. Nice basetape.

LouisN

by LouisN

rustychain wrote: The reported speed when he was pulling according to Phil and Paul approaching 50mph :noidea:

Come on now...!!!

Louis :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com