Tour de france 2012 predictions

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

A couple of UK bookies have Hesjedal ranked at either 10th place or 12th place. That's nonsense, top 5 is more realistic and a win is a possibility if anything happens to Evans or Wiggins. I think it may be possible to make some money but I am not a gambler so I'll leave it to the rest of you. Put your money on Hesjedal to beat those odds.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

I have Hesjedal picked for yellow as a darkhorse but realistically if he made top 10 he would have more than accomplished his goals this year and guaranteed at least a 2 year contract.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Damn he looks old. :frightened:

My pick to win the tour looks too old.
And hes going to look much older after the 3 weeks are done. :shock: :mrgreen:

And in contrast Wiggo cut his hair that alone should save some weight maybe he should have cut the side burns as well

But Evans thinks hes got no chance

I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Hope this is a close tour...ahhh memories of 89...

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

stella-azzurra wrote:But Evans thinks hes got no chance

That picture is so poorly shopped. Here's the original.

rajMAN

by rajMAN

Wiggins will be narrowly beaten into second place by............J Hoogerland. :D

KB

by KB

Today's stage. I fancy Gilbert may put a poor season behind him and win, alternatively Sagan. Depends how steep that final section, but the new lightweight Cav may be in the mix (very outside hope).

THUNDERHORSE

by THUNDERHORSE

using those Maguras?

On Plastic Existence

kevinkalis

by kevinkalis

Cancellara for the overall!
K2

Do you suffer more when you train, or cannot train?

KB

by KB

You only have to look at Cancellara's physique to know he won't get up the big climbs, more's the pity.

morrisond

by morrisond

Mr.Gib wrote:A couple of UK bookies have Hesjedal ranked at either 10th place or 12th place. That's nonsense, top 5 is more realistic and a win is a possibility if anything happens to Evans or Wiggins. I think it may be possible to make some money but I am not a gambler so I'll leave it to the rest of you. Put your money on Hesjedal to beat those odds.

I'm a Canadian so after the Giro, I put some Money on Hesjedal at 50:1 for the yellow and 12.5:1 Top three. I was pretty happy with this, but when I went to review my bets to my surprise I found another bet I placed on Hesjedal to win the Tour De France after his strong showing last year in the Tour of Spain - the odds were 150:1 .....

Let's just say if he wins I could buy any stock bike made with EPS or Dura Ace Di2, Top 3 an Ultegra Di2 bike.

Some of the odds are silling, especially when you can get 10-15:1 for someone coming in Top three, pick two or three riders and one is bound to make it.

Go Ryder!

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Highly unlikely but that's why it's 50:1 Good Luck.

gg333

by gg333

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Frank Schleck is going to take a couple of stage victories. WHilst the main GC riders are focusing on each other, he'll be able to get away on the 2 mountain top finishes stage 11 and 17.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Updating the status on my list here:

Winners:
Evans ------->Yellow
Cavendish --->Green
Gesink ------->KOM

Second place on GC: Wiggins

Third place on GC:
Nibali,
Frank Schleck

Alternate Green: Sagan

Alternate KOM: Sanchez

Dark Horses:
Hesjedal ------->Yellow
Kittel --------->Green (Dropped out)
Valverde ------ >KOM
Last edited by stella-azzurra on Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ahillock

by Ahillock

^ Cav has no chance at green this year. You might as well change that to Sagan/Goss/Greipel depending on your favorite.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com