2013 Cannondale Evo Nano, 655grams!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

terminus

by terminus

http://www.veloderoute.com/information/ ... autes-2013

I want! also are those new Enve wheels?

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Nice bike! Once again, though, going to have to take that weight with a dose of skepticism. They didn't quite hold up to the last claim.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spytech

by spytech

hmmm, is it really 655g?

michel2

by michel2

nice looking rig tho !5.2 kilo wonder what thats gonna cost ...

terminus

by terminus

ahhh! what is up with all these 10k+ grail bikes coming out!!

leosantos

by leosantos

spytech wrote:hmmm, is it really 655g?

yep, confirmed on a scale! on a 48 size :lol:
jk btw

fio
in the industry

by fio

Looks pretty cool. We'll see about the weight. From the gist of the translation, I got that it had to do with the nano technology and perhaps the *lack* of a paintjob? French speakers chime in please :)

tranzformer

by tranzformer

terminus wrote:http://www.veloderoute.com/information/5612/cannondale-les-nouveautes-2013" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hate to bust your balls but it was already mentioned and discussed in the 2013 Cannondale thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=104236

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

That's 5.2 with out pedals and cages I bet..

leosantos

by leosantos

seriously now, it's still exciting news! I bet this time it's actually gonna be <700gr for the 56 frame, and still less costly than cervelo's and other competitor's (maybe?) similarly equipped bikes. and a lot better looking imho...

just how real is that piece of news for you guys, is that publication any realiable at all? cant it be just bogus news? I dont think it is impossible at all, just a bit weird after only about a year that the evo ultimate has been on the market to make it outdated.. BTW, how do those guys get that kind o pic, a non studio shot with nothing to support the bike but even then it is perfectly straight and balanced??

surfsjp

by surfsjp

It's real. I've heard it looks even better in person. Nothing outdated, just color changes for the new year.

refthimos

by refthimos

terminus wrote:http://www.veloderoute.com/information/5612/cannondale-les-nouveautes-2013" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes, those are definitely Enve 25s. See here: http://www.enve.com/wheels/road/25.aspx

I had a pair I just recently got rid of. Awesome wheels in the mountains - Wiggy used a pair in the Giro as well.
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

spytech

by spytech

Would be nice, if they had a price reduction on the current evo HM and this became the new high end frame and charged the same for it (Current Evo HM). though i know it is not likely because there is an established market with people paying $10k for frames.

is this basically the frame they showed us last year when the EVo launched? they had a sub 700g frame but it didnt make it to production. i do not remember the reason why.

leosantos

by leosantos

when you say himod I guess you mean ultimate, right?

then I agree they'll keep the pricetag at around 12k usd, and it does make sense for them to discontinue the current ultimate , first because those DT wheels have been discontinued for a newer, 100 gr heavier set, and also because its spec would make even less sense at 12k from this year an next than it did last year...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

headwind816

by headwind816

I talked with my friend today whom owns an HI-MOD EVO, and I told him he should buy this one and sell me his old "heavy" one at a discount ... I know this is WW, but the money I save by doing this will allow me to go very light weight on components :twisted:

More on topic, I think if anyone can pull it off it is C-Dale. I continue to be impressed with their R&D and output.