seatpost from 6Kcycles

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

addictR1

by addictR1

leosantos wrote:Ive nothing to gain on this but what's wrong with trying the 6kcycles anyway?

I mean, I talked to the company owner and he was specific that I should try his alu post, not the carbon, even though he made more money on the carbon ones and actually lost money on the alu at the ebay "promo" price. I dont think its hard to believe that, as we see many expensive itens around when it comes to high grade 7068 T6 aluminum whatever that means.. and he also advised me at 150 lbs, Id be safer on rough roads on the alu than on his carbon post.

on a side note, he admitted to me that the hardware is not outstanding, as I read somewhere.. again, I havent tried it, so...

yea i know what you mean... i care about the weight... so if i don't win the bid on the Omni.. then i might just go with that. the thing that's holding me back on the 6K is that i might need a seatpost with setback.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

leosantos

by leosantos

which is why mine is for sale..

unfortunetly, Ill have to sell it here in Brazil I guess, better value for both of us!

addictR1

by addictR1

leosantos wrote:which is why mine is for sale..

unfortunetly, Ill have to sell it here in Brazil I guess, better value for both of us!

good luck with your sale... :) i'm waiting for mine to come..

leosantos

by leosantos

if it makes you happy, see below: (the scale kept indecisive between 114-115..)
and there is room for cutting, and those bolts are heavy and smelly, look like iron to me! the post is sweet looking as I said..
Attachments
IMG_9981.JPG

addictR1

by addictR1

leosantos wrote:if it makes you happy, see below: (the scale kept indecisive between 114-115..)
and there is room for cutting, and those bolts are heavy and smelly, look like iron to me! the post is sweet looking as I said..

Is that the 6K Cycle one?

leosantos

by leosantos

yep

bought on ebay though, almost half the price after shipping

addictR1

by addictR1

leosantos wrote:yep

bought on ebay though, almost half the price after shipping

that looks very nice. How the build and overall quality? I just wonder how much more vibration I'm going to feel on an alum seat post vs. Carbon seat post

leosantos

by leosantos

Ive answered most of this above but anyway.. my pleasure to help! overall quality seems top notch by looking at it. I cant say my opinion about confort since i havent tried it..
On a further note though, the owner of the company was fast in answering me and said i shouldnt be able to feel a difference. From what i see the shaft is so thin, if I hit you in the with it you wouldnt feel so much pain :beerchug: lol
cheers

addictR1

by addictR1

leosantos wrote:Ive answered most of this above but anyway.. my pleasure to help! overall quality seems top notch by looking at it. I cant say my opinion about confort since i havent tried it..
On a further note though, the owner of the company was fast in answering me and said i shouldnt be able to feel a difference. From what i see the shaft is so thin, if I hit you in the with it you wouldnt feel so much pain :beerchug: lol
cheers

nice.... :thumbup:

too bad i just won the omni seatpost on ebay with the setback... guess i'll stick with this and trim a little bit here and there.. :)

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

An earlier thread noting several issues with these posts:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=99859

I'd be interested in hearing how your saddle rails mated up with the 6K yokes, whether it was a good fit or you had to compress the rails to get the saddle to fit in the yokes.

leosantos

by leosantos

I never installed them sorry, but rememmer the seler being straight to me and admitting (before I made my purchase) that their hardware was plain average, but the alu post was an engeneering achievement and the best material available! it can be all true as the shaft is beautiful, ultra thin and light and indeed has no specified rider weight limit and we havent hard of any fails. it also makes sense since selling the post at that promo price with light and top notch hardware clamps would probably impossible, but Ill never know as I just sold it..

addictR1

by addictR1

ok.. got my omni seat post yesterday. looks very rugged and shinny.

bad news is that since it's so shinny, it doesn't really match with my addict R1 matte. :(

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Use fine sand paper -> matte.

:roll:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

leosantos

by leosantos

oh no, Im having memories of sanding my mandible cage.. terrible shaping + lack of experience = hours and hours to get it nice.. and the little I used of 240 grit was enough to ruin the finish I wanted.. but it didnt turned out crap though, just a lot more work... a post should be a lot easier I guess

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KWalker

by KWalker

Does Omni make a 27.2 setback?
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike