Building a new project

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

rockymtnway

by rockymtnway

Greetings,
I just returned from the UK and bought a 2006 Scott Genius RC LTD frame to build up. This is a bike that is unavailable in the US, so it'll have huge bling over here. This site has already offered immeasurable help in ordering kit to set it up-thanks to all of those who have contributed to the listings.

Mark (aka Rocky)
2001 Bianchi SL-2 Reparto Corse
2006 Rocky Mountain ETSX 70
2006 Scott Genius RC-LTD
2007 Rocky Mountain Element 70

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tippster

by Tippster

:welcome:

and good luck!
"Ride it like you've just stolen it!"

nexusheli

by nexusheli

Wish you would have told me you were going, I would have asked you to pick one up for me as well. :wink:

rockymtnway

by rockymtnway

nexusheli wrote:Wish you would have told me you were going, I would have asked you to pick one up for me as well. :wink:

Customs was entertaining as 'ell as it was, just bringing one back. I told them that I stripped out my BB while changing it in the UK, thus had to buy a new bike. I didn't bother to mention it was one that couldn't be sold in the US and he didn't ask. :lol:

I'll let you know next time I head over, and I'll pick you one up :wink: I'm already Jonesing to go back. Eight days touring the UK (loved the Marin trail, Karroughtree and Glentress) and 13 days in Tuscany, staying at a hotel co-owned by Thomas Freschknicht, 2005 Marathon World Champion, and riding some of the sweetest natural singletrack I've ever set tyres to. If I could afford it, I'd go back for round two in a heartbeat! :mrgreen:
2006 Scott Genius RC-LTD

Tippster

by Tippster

Did you get to see much of teh trails in Wales?
"Ride it like you've just stolen it!"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rockymtnway

by rockymtnway

Tippster wrote:Did you get to see much of teh trails in Wales?

Started with a ride in the Peaks, then did two in Wales, Karrimor and Marin before moving north for Karroughtree, Glentress, Interleithen, Helvellyn/Sticks Pass, and finished with Swalesdale before heading off to Italy. Eight straight days of epic riding was phenomenal. I had a great set of guides (locals) and really enjoyed seeing a whole different world from the front range, rocky mountains and Moab than I'm used to. Our trails may get a lot of press, but the Marin trail was one of my favorites... and that comes from a guy who racks up over 2,000 mtb miles a year in the Colorado high country.
2006 Scott Genius RC-LTD