2011 Cervelo S2 aero and 13lbs(5900g) dead new pics page:20

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

koebes

by koebes

you will still use a lightning crank although the last one broke without a crash? i would not be confident to ride a product of them again.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Getter wrote:Hope you can buff out that scratch on the chainstay too.

I got most of it out already with cleaner wax. It was a bummer of a week. The next day I took the SSCX bike out on some single track, and everything was great until I got home, and my front tire was flat. I was just having a bad week with bikes I guess.

koebes wrote:you will still use a lightning crank although the last one broke without a crash? i would not be confident to ride a product of them again.

Well, I look at it like this. It was an older crank, early version, and the newer ones are much improved over the years. Specialized S-Works cranks are basically the same design. If they hold up for Boonen, they will hold up to me. I am pleased with Lightning's customer service, and the crank is my second favorite part of the bike so it's hard for me to even think about using anything else.

Ypsylon

by Ypsylon

What are the odds of the same person breaking one twice? :D
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Ypsylon wrote:What are the odds of the same person breaking one twice? :D

They advertise a 170mm compact which is what I have at 400g with no rings. I weighed mine today, and the part that broke off, at 359g. So hopefully the extra 41g make it stronger. :)

BmanX

by BmanX

extra 41g. Are you going to take that. That puts you back into the 5900g range. I would not stand for this BS. LOL

Thank by the way for getting those brakes to me and I might get ride of the second pair.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

BmanX wrote:extra 41g. Are you going to take that. That puts you back into the 5900g range. I would not stand for this BS. LOL

Thank by the way for getting those brakes to me and I might get ride of the second pair.

I am praying is will arrive lighter, but if not hopefully I can find somewhere else to cut the weight.

BmanX

by BmanX

I would sue them. Do they not understand how hard you worked to get this build down to where it is now.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

BmanX wrote:I would sue them. Do they not understand how hard you worked to get this build down to where it is now.

Nah, if I was going to sue them, it would be for the scratch in my chainstay, and the temporary pain felt in my scrotum after it was smashed into my stem as a result of the failure. However this just makes me have to keep things interesting. I'm thinking about trying a Specialized spider on the cranks this time, and maybe those Praxis chainrings. That should shed a few grams perhaps. I need to do some research on the Specialized Spinders. I know they fit, I just wonder if any of them are lighter. I know there is a carbon version available.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

The new crank has arrived. 3g heavier, and a lot better designed. It actually fits tight in my bearings now. Well done Lightning, well done!

BmanX

by BmanX

Good news.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Some minor updates. I think I am finally done. Changed out the chainrings, went to a 25mm rear tire, new Lightning cranks, dremeled on the RD a bit. Dropped 5g with the new rings. Plus they look better. :)

roberto21

by roberto21

not sure if this has been covered, didnt read through the entire build. first of all, bike looks killer. i was wondering what you think of the Zipp Zuka Sprint bars. I am looking at getting new bars and am considering these. Thanks.
pedal damn it.

My Bikes:
Ritchey Road Logic -- 7.56 kg
Felt F4X
Felt Edict 1

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

roberto21 wrote:not sure if this has been covered, didnt read through the entire build. first of all, bike looks killer. i was wondering what you think of the Zipp Zuka Sprint bars. I am looking at getting new bars and am considering these. Thanks.

Thank you. I love the Vuka Sprint bars actually. They are a great addition to any road bike. Especially an aero road bike. They are stiff, comfortable, appear to be very aero, and look awesome. The only draw backs are if you hit your knees on the trailing edge by accident, it isn't very pleasant. Other than that I have no complaints. The SCSL stem is a brilliant piece of stiffness too. I could of gone much lighter on the stem, but I chose stiffness, and went with the SCSL.

willhouse

by willhouse

This looks like a proper Tarmac Weapon :twisted: awesome build.

Not normally a fan of Aero rims, but with the Deep profiles of the S2 they absolutely fit in perfectly!!!

BmanX

by BmanX

ProfessorChaos wrote:Some minor updates. I think I am finally done.

Brother from a different mother. You are not done until you do something about those brakes and the cable housings. THEN YOU CAN SAY YOU ARE DONE! You know what I am talking about.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com