Did Strava Kill This Rider?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

im about to sue all the people who have times faster than me on segments and everyone who has taken a KOM from me for emotional damages.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Frans wrote:Has Guiness ever been sued? What about all the folks who went over the falls in a barrel who didn't make it?

Has me laughing more than it really should :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BobSantini

by BobSantini

Plainly society is to blame. We should all carry insurance against "acts of society". Of course we need a social indemnity tax to pay for it.
Only rich people should pay the tax of course because poor people are the natural victims of society.

Should mention this to Obama. There's a huge untapped resource of non-voters amongst the bogans. It's not too late to make the platform.
r o y g b i v

kgt

by kgt

If you ask me the relatives should better spend their money on a good therapist in order to try to recover psychologically and not on courts and lawyers.

tinchy

by tinchy

Its always someone elses fault isnt it.

If strava told the guy to ride over a cliff would he have done it?

Would the family then blame strava for his death at bottom of said cliff?

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

sugarkane wrote:Why do Americans always try to sue somebody when they do something stupid?

This guy is not sueing anyone, he is dead. It's the family that is sueing.

They sue because they can win [or settle out of court]. Money motivates most americans [including myself] and it is easier to sue and win than to work hard and save [my prefered plan].

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

kgt wrote:If you ask me the relatives should better spend their money on a good therapist in order to try to recover psychologically and not on courts and lawyers.

Ah, but you see, Therapists cost money - and where do you get that money? From the "pain and suffering" "caused" by Strava. :roll:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

rustychain

by rustychain

I just recieved an email from Strava. I lost my KOM! I didn't know I was ever a KOM so I checked it out. Turns out I had the record time from my house to the Starbucks :shock:

Wow, I had no idea. I'm unsure how I can recover my one and only KOM before I get to Starbucks :noidea:

I now see how dangerous this app can be :beerchug:
WW Velocipedist Gargantuan

roca rule

by roca rule

If strava loses the case then I shall sure for my separated shoulder as well. I do not get this law suit.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

CerveloBert

by CerveloBert

Butcher wrote:
sugarkane wrote:Why do Americans always try to sue somebody when they do something stupid?

This guy is not sueing anyone, he is dead. It's the family that is sueing.

They sue because they can win [or settle out of court]. Money motivates most americans [including myself] and it is easier to sue and win than to work hard and save [my prefered plan].

I think that's the definitive post.

dmp

by dmp

rustychain wrote:I just recieved an email from Strava. I lost my KOM! I didn't know I was ever a KOM so I checked it out. Turns out I had the record time from my house to the Starbucks :shock:

Wow, I had no idea. I'm unsure how I can recover my one and only KOM before I get to Starbucks :noidea:

:

Answer- you need more caffeine. Drink the coffee before you leave the house.

spud

by spud

This suit is tantamount to the family saying that
1) they did not approve of his interest in cycling
2) they thought he was a fool who couldn't make decisions for himself

This guy died doing what he loved (riding a bike and pushing himself), and that bothers them. And now they are pissing on his grave.

BobSantini

by BobSantini

^^ no it's not.
r o y g b i v

53x12

by 53x12

rustychain wrote:I just recieved an email from Strava. I lost my KOM! I didn't know I was ever a KOM so I checked it out. Turns out I had the record time from my house to the Starbucks :shock:

I now see how dangerous this app can be :beerchug:

Just hop in your car and beat the time on your way to work. You won't even break a sweat. :mrgreen:
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com