Industry nine wheelset with stans mmx rims

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

kingkongsfinger

by kingkongsfinger

OK, Bought these wheels and will report back with photos and comments.

Got them for a superb price, way less than half price but they have been used a hand full of times but look brand new.

If I get them in time I will race on them at weekend, hope they wont end up crisp shaped, weight limit is 75kg and Im 77kg!!!

But they are going on a full suss Trek top fuel so hopefully will get less abuse due to the suspension.
:thumbup:

(Been running Hope Pro 2's on 355 (now called Crest) rims for the last two years so not sure what to expect or feel different, prob nothing!!
"I could have done this job myself in five minutes, but as things turned out I had to spend two days trying to find out why it had taken someone else three weeks to do it wrong."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jooo

by jooo

now called Crest?

- they're different extrusions, not the same rim at all
ImageImage

kingkongsfinger

by kingkongsfinger

Just fitted, not ridden yet.
"I could have done this job myself in five minutes, but as things turned out I had to spend two days trying to find out why it had taken someone else three weeks to do it wrong."

kingkongsfinger

by kingkongsfinger

Raced and rode these a few times now and they are superb.

The engagement is instant, I mean instant!!

Their is a noticeable difference how fast these spin up and roll quick. Also how so very stiff they are compared to the 355's with Hope hubs that I also use.

All in all a fantastic wheel set and they are so SHINEY !!!! :thumbup:

Kegelhoff

by Kegelhoff

Wow, bling - bling !!!

What was the weight of this wheelset ??

Can you tell us more about the stiffness compared to your last set of wheels?

Thanks

2002maniac

by 2002maniac

very sexy wheelset! I have heard problems with spoke breakage though.

kingkongsfinger

by kingkongsfinger

I dont know the exact weight as they came complete with Stans tubeless set up with Bont XR3's tyres, so did not want to strip down just to weight but with wheels, valves, sealant and tyres the front was 1131 g and the rear was 1354 g.

They are super stiff, think due to the spoke design with is a thick aluminium rod rather than spoke. No spoke nipples so they spin up really quick and roll very fast.

Zen Cyclery
Shop Owner

by Zen Cyclery

kingkongsfinger wrote: No spoke nipples so they spin up really quick and roll very fast.

I don't think the lack of a spoke nipple would effect how fast a wheel accelerates. I would assume the quick spin up may be a result of the pawl engagement in those hubs.

Regardless though, those are beautiful wheels. Enjoy!

Cheers!

by Cheers!

I've raced a pair of I9 ultralite (crest rims) for about 2 seasons. Use them for everyday riding too. So far so good. no spoke breaking or anything.

Agreed not the lightest, but the engagement is awesome. My other bike has chris King rear hub with extralite front to keep the weight down for a lighter setup.

If you want colorful wheels and fast enagement i9s are the way to go.

Nice set of wheels! :beerchug: