Scott Addict R1 Build = 5085.95 (Page 3 for New Info!!)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

I work for my money, im not a parental freeloader :) I actually love these cranks to death, look pretty, ride really good and they are LIGHT. I would only upgrade them to a clavicular crank becausehtey are so so so pretty! I build alot of my own bits, for example the new seapost clamp cost me $13 dollars or something silly like that, so that saves me alot of money. I also have fantastic sponsors who help me with entry fees and travel etc.
I guess there's worse hobbies than making a bike light? Right?

kulivontot

by kulivontot

As long as you're putting it to good use. Im just jealous that I don't have so much disposable income.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

I still live at home hahahah yeah i ride the wee girl hard, and it goes brilliantly :)

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Ah fellow kiwi weenie :welcome: How did you tune your FD? Have you got any photos of it?

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

Indeed Kiwi! :beerchug: So far just a bolt tune, but i see no reason why i can build my own body (take mould of campy super record and then build it out of carbon, then use existing cage and bolt it together. i reckon i could do it for about 45 - 50gm? for now im running a standard super record with bolt tune and a custom built conical mount washer.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Oh let me know how that carbon work goes, I'd be keen on a mod for my 10 speed Centaur if it fits that

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

dont see what you couldnt build 10 and make them compatible with all campy? I do love campy for making their components so reconstructable :)

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

How about on of these, instead of your KCNC bottom bracket:

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

mmmmhm.... that is nice :shock:

kulivontot

by kulivontot

We've got a thread discussing the actual weight of addict R1 frames, I was wondering if you confirmed the frame/fork weight of your bike with a scale. Also, when you bought the frame and whether it was a warranty replacement.

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

Got a link to the thread? I havent got the scales to accurately weigh it, but my weights for it that ive written will be very close. It wasnt a warranty replacement i brought the frame, fork and headset a few months ago off one of the guys i work with who upgraded to an sl4 s works. I have always had a wee crush on these :D So pretty but so functional at their weight too!

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Thread is here:
viewtopic.php?t=104332
The gist is that our warranty frames and forks are about 160g heavier than expected. So we're trying to gather as many actual R1 weights as possible to determine if our frames are defective.

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

A warranty frame is 160gms more! WHAT THE HELL?

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Nice build mate. I like that so much has been homebuilt.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

i should probably bother to upload the pictures of the intergrated saddle that ive built (about 110gm) and the ISP saddle clamp (68gm) or the pedals (65gm for the pair) and other wee bits ive done....