Cannondale Evo Ultimate Frame 56cm weighed

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

timzcat

by timzcat

djconnel,
You're missing the fact that it included the BB which by best guess is 68g.

ninjanoir78

by ninjanoir78

CannonEvo48 wrote:
justkeepedaling wrote:Sorry CannonEvo48, but there is just no way your frame weighs 499 grams. In fact, it probably doesn't even weight 599 grams, perhaps not even 699 grams. Recheck on another scale, preferably at a shop, with the units set to grams and the scale zeroed properly.

Just for some perspective. 499 grams would be the lightest rideable road bike frame ever made, custom, production, whatever, and by a comfortable margin of around 130 grams. Think about that one

sure...that's easy...take the whole bike apart again.....probably not....

anyone else purchased a 48 frame not built up yet? maybe we can get someone else to weigh in....

499g, just frame without fork??
Ninja

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djconnel

by djconnel

timzcat wrote:djconnel,
You're missing the fact that it included the BB which by best guess is 68g.

Ahh! I'd thought that meant the BB shell. Pinarello weighs their frame without that bonded in :).

CannonEvo48

by CannonEvo48

ninjanoir78 wrote:
CannonEvo48 wrote:
justkeepedaling wrote:Sorry CannonEvo48, but there is just no way your frame weighs 499 grams. In fact, it probably doesn't even weight 599 grams, perhaps not even 699 grams. Recheck on another scale, preferably at a shop, with the units set to grams and the scale zeroed properly.

Just for some perspective. 499 grams would be the lightest rideable road bike frame ever made, custom, production, whatever, and by a comfortable margin of around 130 grams. Think about that one

sure...that's easy...take the whole bike apart again.....probably not....

anyone else purchased a 48 frame not built up yet? maybe we can get someone else to weigh in....

499g, just frame without fork??

just frame, no fork, uncut fork was 320gms

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

You don't think it's weird that your fork is 60 grams heavier than the lightest fork and is actually a very very standard weight and yet your frame is 140 grams lighter than any rideable frame in existence (and it's not even the Evo Ultimate)? You should have double checked your frame weight on a different scale immediately upon seeing that figure. But oh well

UKpaul

by UKpaul

Just taken delivery of my 54cm black and white Evo
Quite happy with the weight 780g and 323g for the fork.
I'll post pics of it built up
Build list so far is

D/ace front and rear mech
D/ace STI's
D/ace Brakes
D/ace pedals
THM Clavicula cranks with TA rings (compact)
3T seatpost for now.
Deda zero nero stem
Deda Bars
AX Lightness Endurance saddle
Lightweight Standard wheels

Sheol

by Sheol

Evo.jpg

Recently took delivery of my dream bike - its a 52cm Evo frame, stupidly I didn't get the frame and fork weighed before it was built up. :oops:

The finished build is as follows:

All SRAM Red 2012 (save chain rings - SRAM Red Black until 36 52 is available in Red 2012)
FSA K Force stem, bars and seat post
Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio flow saddle
Smart Enve 3.4s clinchers
Vincero Design magnetic bottle mounts
Speedplay stainless pedals

In that state it weighs in at 13lb 12oz. In theory I could have got it down lower relatively easily with lighter pedals and bottle cages, but its light enough as it is...

:D

Scooter

by Scooter

Sheol wrote:
Evo.jpg

Recently took delivery of my dream bike - its a 52cm Evo frame, stupidly I didn't get the frame and fork weighed before it was built up. :oops:

The finished build is as follows:

All SRAM Red 2012 (save chain rings - SRAM Red Black until 36 52 is available in Red 2012)
FSA K Force stem, bars and seat post
Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio flow saddle
Smart Enve 3.4s clinchers
Vincero Design magnetic bottle mounts
Speedplay stainless pedals

In that state it weighs in at 13lb 12oz. In theory I could have got it down lower relatively easily with lighter pedals and bottle cages, but its light enough as it is...

:D

Seems like everyone is getting crazy different weighs. First time I weighed my 54cm with my Fulcrum Zero clinchers it came out 14 flat. I was also waiting on a wireless SRM for final weigh w/Zipps. Just weighed in just yesterday with my 303's and SRM..... 13.56 pounds ;)

Built kit

Super Record 11 (shifters, front der, rear der)
That weigh included a Chorus 12-27. Have a 12-25 Super Record but really like the 12-27 since it is basically same as a 10 speed 12-25 gear range with bigger bailout (which I never use lol) Hopefully get a Super Record 12-27 soon :)
Zipp 303 tubies
M2racer bolt on rear skewer and QR front
Pro Stealth EVO bar/stem
Bontrager RXXXL seatpost
Fizik Arione CX w/carbon rails
Tune Cages
Hollowgram SL's w/SRM
Zero Gravity brakes

I think that pretty much covers everything lol I'm looking at the Tune Gum Gum but want to make sure it fits with that disclaimer Fairwheel has. I don't have calipers so do you guys know the inner diameter?

Hoping to get down to high 12's. 8)
Cannondale 2013 SuperSix EVO Black Inc w/SRM
Cannondale CAAD 10 Team custom paint
Cannondale 2009 Slice HiMod
Cannondale CAAD 8 f/s w/BB30 (last US built CAAD8)
Surly Ice Cream Truck

quaman26

by quaman26

Cannonevo48

After looking at your scale, I am now wondering if your 1.10 lbs reading is actually 1 pound 10 ounces cause my pound scale gives readings like that. If that is the case then 1 lb 10 ounces is actually 738g which would be closer to what we would expect from a 48cm frame.

Regards

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

quaman I think you're spot on. Decimals don't make sense in imperial units so I think it's ounces after the decimal point. that sounds like a much more realistic weight.

Is that weight with or without BB/hanger?

ome rodriguez

by ome rodriguez

weighed an evo di2 size 52, but with internal wiring and battery holder(88g) fitted at 816g. bare frame should be around 728g. fork uncut is 299g.

quaman26

by quaman26

I think it is without the BB but with the hanger.

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

quaman26 wrote:Cannonevo48

After looking at your scale, I am now wondering if your 1.10 lbs reading is actually 1 pound 10 ounces cause my pound scale gives readings like that. If that is the case then 1 lb 10 ounces is actually 738g which would be closer to what we would expect from a 48cm frame.

Regards

There we go, far more realistic...

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Just weighed my Evo red frame (54) at 820 (with Pf30 bearings installed, no hanger, no seatpost clamp)
Fork came in 305 with crown race installed uncut.
Ride magazine has previous weighed a PF30 BB on an evo at 77g, making this a bare frame weight of 743 at size 54.
Seatpost clamp came in at 17, derailleur hanger at 10.

Frame + seatpost clamp + derailleur hanger w/o BB bearings at 770.

Not bad.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hoggy

by hoggy

According to a cannondale rep at the tour down under, he stated that each tube for the EVO was weighed and those that come under a certain weight were put aside for the EVO ultimate. Based on that there is always going to be a range for the weight of those frames.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com