Cannondale Evo Ultimate Frame 56cm weighed

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ninjanoir78

by ninjanoir78

anyway, the evo red with ksyrium elite stock in 52, is 14.2 I think.... without pedals...
Ninja

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

leosantos

by leosantos

CBRE wrote:

Wow thats way heavy, my stock 52cm EVO Red was 14.3 with Speedplay Ti's stock.

Wow that was light my evo built was originally 14lbs with DT tubulars that weight over a pound less than your stock wheels! Plus a few other improvements on cockpit.. I dont think your 52 frame weighted a pound less than my 56! Not sayin i font trust you obviously, just strikes me as a very interesting weight..

CBRE

by CBRE

ninjanoir78 wrote:anyway, the evo red with ksyrium elite stock in 52, is 14.2 I think.... without pedals...

About right, the second I got it home I removed most of the spacers, the reflectors, cut the fork, cut the extra setpost, and replaced the 65Gr top cap/expander with a tune carbon/gumgum= 14.3 w/pedals, from there I replaced EVERY part of the bike:)
Curt Brown

2016 Cannondale EVO Etap 13.8#'s
2012 Cannondale Supersix EVO etap 13.7#'s
2017 Cannondale SUPER X Force 16.0#'s
2016 Cannondale FatCad2 28.1#'s
2011 Cannondale Carbon Flash 1 17.9#'s

CannonEvo48

by CannonEvo48

CBRE wrote:
justkeepedaling wrote:Your 499 gram frame Evo fully built weighs 14.73 lb??? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

That weight includes 2 Arundel sideloader cages, Garmin Barfly mount, Garmin speed/cadence sensor, Blackburn Airstick SL Minipump and Dura-Ace pedals....

Do you mind posting a pic of your bike with the weight? what other upgrades did you make from the stock Red?

leosantos

by leosantos

CBRE, You said you are using Tune's cap with gumgum expander.. did you experience any trouble with it? I heard some people have.. at fairwheel, they say
"Ordering
Please measure the inner diameter of your fork's steerer tube before ordering to ensure compatibility."
and it seems options range from 24-25,5mm.. which should I get?
also, have you fiddled with weenie cables? or went stock for extra security? Im thinking of running PCordz with nokon or I links for braking and mini I links for shifting..
tks for your insights again!

CBRE

by CBRE

CannonEvo48 wrote:
CBRE wrote:
justkeepedaling wrote:Your 499 gram frame Evo fully built weighs 14.73 lb??? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

That weight includes 2 Arundel sideloader cages, Garmin Barfly mount, Garmin speed/cadence sensor, Blackburn Airstick SL Minipump and Dura-Ace pedals....

Do you mind posting a pic of your bike with the weight? what other upgrades did you make from the stock Red?

All on my website link, junked all the FSA crap, stock heavy wheels, ect.
Curt Brown

CBRE

by CBRE

leosantos wrote:CBRE, You said you are using Tune's cap with gumgum expander.. did you experience any trouble with it? I heard some people have.. at fairwheel, they say
"Ordering
Please measure the inner diameter of your fork's steerer tube before ordering to ensure compatibility."
and it seems options range from 24-25,5mm.. which should I get?
also, have you fiddled with weenie cables? or went stock for extra security? Im thinking of running PCordz with nokon or I links for braking and mini I links for shifting..
tks for your insights again!

Good question, I remember just calling Fairwheel and they sent me the correct one, my invoice just shows the tune cap and gumgum, no specs.
Curt Brown

leosantos

by leosantos

i asked them also, let's just hope they take international credit card / paypal account..

Im a huge fan of this bike's looks, though I also love my blk/wte... the new sram matched really well, and the black brakes are a killer, unfortunelty Im going with stock red on mine, which will be boring at silver :(

timzcat

by timzcat

I originally started out with an extralite ultrastar 2 expander which broke the allen boss on installation but it was tight enough.
When I installed the stem I could see it distorting the steerer so though better of it and used an easy out to remove it and went back to the stock expander which properly supports the steerer.
Not happy the extralite broke in the first place, you'd think at that price i could be torqued to thier recommended torque.

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Sorry CannonEvo48, but there is just no way your frame weighs 499 grams. In fact, it probably doesn't even weight 599 grams, perhaps not even 699 grams. Recheck on another scale, preferably at a shop, with the units set to grams and the scale zeroed properly.

Just for some perspective. 499 grams would be the lightest rideable road bike frame ever made, custom, production, whatever, and by a comfortable margin of around 130 grams. Think about that one

CannonEvo48

by CannonEvo48

justkeepedaling wrote:Sorry CannonEvo48, but there is just no way your frame weighs 499 grams. In fact, it probably doesn't even weight 599 grams, perhaps not even 699 grams. Recheck on another scale, preferably at a shop, with the units set to grams and the scale zeroed properly.

Just for some perspective. 499 grams would be the lightest rideable road bike frame ever made, custom, production, whatever, and by a comfortable margin of around 130 grams. Think about that one

sure...that's easy...take the whole bike apart again.....probably not....

anyone else purchased a 48 frame not built up yet? maybe we can get someone else to weigh in....

CannonEvo48

by CannonEvo48

CBRE wrote:
CannonEvo48 wrote:
CBRE wrote:

nice set-up. is the weight with the tubular set-up or the clincher set-up?

djconnel

by djconnel

leosantos wrote:Hahaha. I just picture some guy walking into the shop where he bought it, yelling "I don't like this heavy paint on my bike!

I've done that. I tend to get a lot of funny looks, though.

I'm disappointed with this number. It seems inconsistent with the bike measured by the magazine. Hanger was included in the magazine bike, and they still got 720. Big, big difference 720 to 810, at least in typical price. It's like the difference between a Cannondale/Cervelo/Scott and a Pedal Force.

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

CannonEvo48 wrote:
justkeepedaling wrote:Sorry CannonEvo48, but there is just no way your frame weighs 499 grams. In fact, it probably doesn't even weight 599 grams, perhaps not even 699 grams. Recheck on another scale, preferably at a shop, with the units set to grams and the scale zeroed properly.

sure...that's easy...take the whole bike apart again.....probably not....

anyone else purchased a 48 frame not built up yet? maybe we can get someone else to weigh in....

It's not easy, and it's quite a lot of hassle. But it isn't 499 grams. Either your scale sucks or you zeroed it improperly, sorry. Go and call Cannondale USA, they'll laugh when you say your frame weighs 499 grams. It would weigh that if it was missing a chainstay and a seatstay. There aren't many 48 cm owners who have weighed their frame, but quite a few people in this thread and forum have 52's. Even if they subtract 100 grams (more than the true difference) to make the difference between a 52 and a 48, it won't be anywhere near the 499 gram range.

CBRE

by CBRE

CannonEvo48 wrote:
CBRE wrote:
CannonEvo48 wrote:
CBRE wrote:

nice set-up. is the weight with the tubular set-up or the clincher set-up?

Tubulars of course. I don't own or ride clinchers! :)
Curt Brown

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com