Giant TCX 2011

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

slim83

by slim83

Hello all,

I know it is an older topic, but I have an opportunity to get a newer TCX frame only and have to figure out a way to get a fork for it. My question is, anyone know where to get a good 1 1/8 to 1 1/4 fork or is there another way to get a 1 1/8 straight fork to work with a different lower bearing?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

Easton, Enve Composites, Origin 8, and Whisky Parts (to name a few) all offer tapered forks that would work for a TCX.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

slim83

by slim83

Giant has a 1 1/8 to 1 1/4 taper and every fork you named is available in straight 1 1/8 or 1 1/2 taper. Any other options?

743power
Shop Wrench

by 743power

I have yet to find a fork that will fit that frame. You will have to contact a giant dealer. I do believe that the PRO 1.25 tapered headset that would fit that frame has a crown race for a 1 1/8" crown included, so you could try that with a standard fork.
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

jonbek

by jonbek

I have a 2011 TCX 0 with two seasons of cross and love it. I too really wanted a new fork, to loose some weight and get a third season out of the frame.

The most obvious solution was the one I didn't immediately see. Last week I ordered a TCX SL fork. It's the only all carbon fork that I could find. Plus it was relatively cheap compared to Enve and Easton. Let's hope it's light!

I should have it this week and I'll weight it vs the stock cf/al TCX fork.

Frans

by Frans

Jonbek, did you ever take delivery of that fork? The alu/cabon fork on my TCX is 600grams which I think is quite respectable.

jonbek

by jonbek

I did indeed, but I was too excited to do weight comparos, so I fit it, cut it, and rode away happy. Can post pictures at least if you're interested. Changed the ride, killed some fork shudder, and overall was worth the investment.

jonbek

by jonbek

Here is a photo.

vcnz

by vcnz

nice ! :thumbup:

Frans

by Frans

Looks sweet, what does it weigh? Are the Grifos tubs or clinchers?

Race it hard!

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

How close to owners of a TCX run their frame to their road frame sizing?

I would be a M/L Giant road geo, so figure the same for the TCX.

I'm dead keen to get into CX, and Giant are coming on board as a team sponsor for next season.

colnagocross

by colnagocross

timbat posted above that he was missing the cable stop inserts for a 2012 TCX Advanced SL, I'm having the same problem and my local shop wasn't able to find them for me, any suggestions?

Thanks.

timbat

by timbat

colnagocross wrote:timbat posted above that he was missing the cable stop inserts for a 2012 TCX Advanced SL, I'm having the same problem and my local shop wasn't able to find them for me, any suggestions?

Thanks.

Hi ColnagoCross, I scored 2 sets in the end. Should have some spare. Where are you in the world ? PM me ...

Cheers TimBat