Another Budget CAAD10 - now with FFWDs!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

hmai18

by hmai18

Maybe it's just me, but I believe that cockpit parts should match. I'd be willing to take a hit of a few grams to keep that beautifully machined Thomson stem on there.

WW sacrilege? :oops:

leosantos

by leosantos

if it helps, my 120mm arx pro stem weighted 127-8 grams on my scale..
I had a felt/devoux 130mm that weighted 121 gr, but just sold it and they are discontinued I guess

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KWalker

by KWalker

If you got the aforementioned Ritchey stem and a Superlogic post you could probably lob off at least 90g between the two.

The cheapest route though is getting the Syntace stem and tuning the Thomson by cutting the excess off and getting a carbon cradle set off of Ebay.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

KWalker

by KWalker

Also- Ward ti spindles are like $60 and will drop a decent amount of weight from the stock Look spindles.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

dolophonic

by dolophonic

nathanong87 wrote:5'10" and on a 50cm frame? dang!

Yes thats what i thought.. i'm 5' 10" and rode a 52 Caad 9 ..the toe overlap was not good!

horses for courses... :D

jmilliron

by jmilliron

incredibleting, incredible build. Nailed it.

incredibleting wrote:Thanks. Can you recommend a stem? I was thinking of going 3t ARX, but I don't think they're lighter than the X2 I have. I was also planning on getting Yokozuna cables. Not sure how they compare to the Alligators.

ABORT

Stick with the Thomson. Stiff, attractive, works well and reasonably light. It belongs on this build.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

Yemble

by Yemble

dolophonic wrote:

Yes thats what i thought.. i'm 5' 10" and rode a 52 Caad 9 ..the toe overlap was not good!

Yeah :) proportions and flexibility make for a large variance. I'm 5'9 on a 50cm commuter with a 90mm stem and I still feel like I'm reaching.

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

How much is 5'10'' in meters?

Seing the saddle heights and bar drop I'd say he is 175-177cm

fa63

by fa63

178 cm.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

Yemble wrote:
dolophonic wrote:

Yeah :) proportions and flexibility make for a large variance. I'm 5'9 on a 50cm commuter with a 90mm stem and I still feel like I'm reaching.

lol im 5'7 on a 52cm caad10 with 115mm stem. people are built weirdly!

then again, i have no idea about bike fitting so maybe im on a bike 2 sizes too big. hah

KWalker

by KWalker

With 90-140mm stems, 0-35mm setback posts, and all sorts of top tube slope its easy to fit on a wide range of frames.

I'm 6 feet 1 and ride a Cannondale 58 aka a measured 56. Technically speaking I could ride a normal 54 with a 140mm stem, a 56 with a 120 and a 58 with a 110 in most brands. It all comes down to handling, weight distribution, etc.

I rode a smaller size frame in the past, but the front center was too short and I had mad toe overlap. The bike also handled weird with so much weight over the front axle so I moved up to a bigger size even though my stem is less manly and I don't get to rock a super pro looking setback post.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

mythical

by mythical

Best looking CAAD10 I've ever seen! :thumbup:

These are the kinda proportions I like to see on a bike. I'm 6'0"/1m83 and would ride a 54cm with 140mm stem and about 16cm drop. My bikes have always looked very fast but this one's no exception either! :beerchug:
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

Krull

by Krull

jmilliron wrote:incredibleting, incredible build. Nailed it.

incredibleting wrote:Thanks. Can you recommend a stem? I was thinking of going 3t ARX, but I don't think they're lighter than the X2 I have. I was also planning on getting Yokozuna cables. Not sure how they compare to the Alligators.

ABORT

Stick with the Thomson. Stiff, attractive, works well and reasonably light. It belongs on this build.

:thumbup:

and: 3t and syntace have -6°-angles or -17°-angles. changes saddle/bar height, and does not look as good as the thomson´s -10°-angle, which fits just perfect to your bike.

btw: fantastic bike, i love it! :D

dannyh

by dannyh

[/quote]Can you recommend a stem? I was thinking of going 3t ARX, but I don't think they're lighter than the X2 I have. I was also planning on getting Yokozuna cables. Not sure how they compare to the Alligators.[/quote]

KCNC Pro TI 27.5 350mm. You can cut about 35mm off of it. Thay will remove 175grams and cost you $90 on ebay. That .51cents per gram. I win :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

incredibleting

by incredibleting

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. I'll probably just get some new skewers for a quick way to get sub 16. Also picked up a Thomson 130 17 for really cheap as I've been meaning to. Couldn't get myself to have a mismatching stem/seatpost combination :?
After that I'll probably get some new i-link cables as well. Newer pics coming soon.