Well I have to admit Cancellara was faster than me...

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

el condor

by el condor

Yesterday was the Swiss TT championship, besides the Pros-, U23-, Juniors-, Woman etc. there was also a "Hobby" category, which had to ride the parcours just once (25.5 km's) opposed to the 51 km's the pros had to cover.
Canci just had a bit over one hour or say about 30 min. for one round, it took me 36.5 minutes so I assume if I had to cover 51km's he would have been around 16 minutes faster than me :shock: .

Kasparz

by Kasparz

I just finished only 5th in national championships.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jekyll man

by jekyll man

its rather humbling isn't it?? :lol:

Ed Clancy (olympic champ and pro) turned up for a few of our evening TTs earlier this season; thankfully i managed to avoid getting blown out the water by him, due to some very lucky starting times :wink:

Even so, he still got beaten...( by Andy Tennant, his Rapha teammate. 7/100 of a second seperated them) :shock:
You can see why at that level any advantage will be sought after; if thats the difference between winning and losing...
Official cafe stop tester

el condor

by el condor

I have to say that I wasn't lucky with the weather (yeah blame it on the weather...), after about 15 k's into the race a summer storm came up with massive rain, some hail and wind gusts with a head wind freshing up, even though I was lead by a motorbike I had to clean my visor every 30 sec's to see where I was going, Canci didn't get one single drop of rain-it was even sunny, I gues that's where the time gap comes from :-), no, in all honesty I think another minute or so could be taken off my time, which puts me about where I thought I would finish.
I watched Cancellara warming up, he just finished the Tour of Switzerland and I must say he is hungry for the olympics, he looks very lean, determined and strong and again he was riding mechanical DA.
I think the same thing just happened to me during this tt ( riding DA Di2)-as what happened to Canci on one of his WC rides, while I was having a sip from the water bottle I touched inadvertedly the button to put the chain from the big to the small chainring which made me almost fall of the bike as I was drinking, could also be a reason for him to choose mechanical besides the 75cm rule.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Kasparz wrote:I just finished only 5th in national championships.

Huge props mate! :up: :beerchug:

Kasparz

by Kasparz

I'm not impressed, I could be 4th if not some technical problems(first race with new tt bike), but 4th of 44th is irrelative if it's not a podium place.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Why would you use a new bike in the most important race of the year??! :shock:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kasparz

by Kasparz

Because I bought one and had no chance to race it before.