GIVING UP ON THE "PRO" LOOK cycling outfit..

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

sorin

by sorin

well i've been experimenting with wearing different tops\shorts and although by now in my cycling collection i have a couple of 2-3hundred $ bibs,nice jerseys,many shoes and so on i found that i am more comfortable -as in hey,i'm just a guy on a bike not trying to impress anyone...- PLUS is the time putting the "SUIT" ON -5-15min depending on season.And there are few other reasons but i want keep post short.Very few cycling related clothes i plan to wear are jacket\ helmet\sunglassses\gloves.And as for shorts i use tennis Adidas knee lenght climafit,tops-tank top -Nike drifit or old school wool jersey andd shoes i use a couple of running neakers that have strong platform-Jordan shoes are the bets so far !i may get toe clips...something cool.as far as chamois i found i don't need when i do no more then 150km and i have a few very comfy saddles that do the job.I wanted to get some feedback\ideas.I am a serious rider-6 years and few of racing \do all the bike related work myself unlike the dumb idiot or idiots with 10thousand $ bikes who dont know to change a flat but and very often i see wearing the Assos or De marchi that i put a lot of sweat in aquiring .

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Murphs

by Murphs

what?

Imaking20

by Imaking20

^this

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Please send me your "pro" clothes, shoes, socks what ever you got. I will make use of them.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

sorin

by sorin

in reply to stella azurra -if i were well off i would have totally given them away ... so 'll just ebay or sell to my roadie friends

Zitter

by Zitter

so basically you're going backwards from cycling with good kits and equipment to being a fred

or you never had good equipment and clothing so you're trying to justify somehow that only idiots spend thousands of dollars on bikes and clothing

looks like you have no reason to be on this website then

milkbaby

by milkbaby

It probably takes the same of time to put on cycling jersey and bibs as putting on underwear, shorts, and shirt... Ride naked if you really wish to save time...?

sent by tapatalk because my computer is a paperweight

tcurtbike
Best Freak bike poster

by tcurtbike

:unbelievable: :goodpost:

Elpimpo

by Elpimpo

Its fine that youre trying to make it seem like assos and such is stoopid.

But then you go on to say you have several good cycling shoes and are going toe clips?!

TOE CLIPS?!

TOE CLIPS?!

kevinkalis

by kevinkalis

Bad troll trolls badly
K2

Do you suffer more when you train, or cannot train?

Murphs

by Murphs

In case anyone else tries, Google Translate doesn't help with the first post

Franklin

by Franklin

Uhm yes?

As you are quick to judge other people I'll give you my opinion.

- Shorts+Shirts cost a few pennies if you shop smart (Clearance!) :smartass:
- Riding with tennis shorts and underwear is much less comfortable. In fact I'm absolutely sure you do not regularly ride 150 KM with such a setup and are just bragging here. If you wonder why I call this claim fantasy? There will be friction in between your tennishort, underwear and your netherparts, add to this salty sweat. This is technically unavoidable. That quite simply isn't much fun after an hour, let alone five hours 8)
- Sport shoes are normally way to confining and hot to be comfortable for a prolonged time in toeclips. Cycling shoes can be got for a small price if you go for a cheaper model in clearance. :smartass:

Cycling without Bibs is up there with the most moronic ideas I saw on this board. A bib is cheap, a bib is neccesary.

Cycling outfits aren't for the PRO LOOK. They are functional.
Last edited by Franklin on Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

kevinkalis

by kevinkalis

Come on now

K2

Do you suffer more when you train, or cannot train?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sorin

by sorin

1) in reply to Franklin-yes i have to agree for more then 100km will become a PAIN ! 2)when i used the phrase"idiots on 10.000$ bike with assos and demarchi " i mean the freds out there who have no idea what cycling is about and they go in a bike shop and plunk down 50-100grand a year on bikes riding them few times a month and all that ...and this ppl have no clue how to even do a simple repair on a bike.. 3) in response to an earlier reply saying i never had good equipment -i have 2 sets of under 1400grams built by myself\full Da7900 \vumaquad set up.will post pics of my set up that i worked long months to b able to buy. 4)as far as the shoes -i plan to ride in running shoes using toe clipslike back in the 1930's..SO THEY WERE ALRIGHT THEN AND now i get all this hate ...5)I ALWAYS ALWAYS SHAVE MY LEGS so that will keep the "look" . 6) as far as how long it takes to put a cycling kit on and a pair of tennis shorts and tank top go time yourself and see the difference.i wear my patch kit in the back of the helmet so no need for pockets and as far as food i just stop every 30-40km and buy a fruit or sandwhich if is long ride. I'm done with my trollin :D g