New Willier 101..

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

metanoize wrote:I'm hoping the ISP fad stops right here. Ridley is seeing the light with new Helium.

All Wilier ISP´s have the feature that you can cut the ISP and mount a regular seatpost.
The unbearable wallet lightness of being a weightweenie

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

Berk wrote:
dbecks7 wrote:/... Is the new 101 frame supposed to come out soon? .../

I get an information that it should be presented at the end of July, but of course nothing for sure here. If I'll get some more informations I'll let you know. Will travel to a stage race next week and will probably meet some people who know a bit more about it.. :thumbup:

To my knowledge it will be shown to dealers next week when Wilier hold their annual presentation of next years models in Italy.
They showed the Zero7 last year at that time and it was almost impossible to get hold of before march this year so that could be an indication of when the new Cento1 is available. I´ve been told by my local Wilier rep that the new frame features a more aggressive geometry than the current Cento1 , I´m guessing closer to Zero7 in geometry then since SLR geometry only fits topend riders (or at least extremely flexible ones)
The unbearable wallet lightness of being a weightweenie

shn750

by shn750

I'm not sure if I like the shifter cables being routed on the top section of the downtube. I sweat alot and can see sweat dripping on the cables, causing corrosion

Spindoctor

by Spindoctor

metanoize wrote:I'm hoping the ISP fad stops right here. Ridley is seeing the light with new Helium.

I love the ISP's on two of my bikes - the difference is noticeable. I cant account for the balance the Cento achieves between comfort and stiiffness any other way
Wiliers: Cento Uno; Cento SLR; Imperiale, Zero 7 (all Super Record 11sp naturally)

Spindoctor

by Spindoctor

what have Wilier done with the good graphics department? sacked them? it is disgusting!
Wiliers: Cento Uno; Cento SLR; Imperiale, Zero 7 (all Super Record 11sp naturally)

dbecks7

by dbecks7

Spindoctor wrote:what have Wilier done with the good graphics department? sacked them? it is disgusting!

lol, good thing I just picked up the last Cento Uno from my LBS. Gonna be built up with SRAM Red.

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Same here becks, just picked up a lovely orange 2011 from my not so local bike shop. Think she'll get dressed up in record. The new one won't be on sale til some time next year in all likelihood and I'm sure the current one is more than enough bike for me. :D

Plus something about this new frame's colours and graphics makes it look a bit Power Rangers-ey. I'm sure it's better in the flesh so I'll wait I see it then.

kgt

by kgt

Spindoctor wrote:what have Wilier done with the good graphics department? sacked them? it is disgusting!

+100

tcurtbike
Best Freak bike poster

by tcurtbike

From the RIDE Facebook page:
575731_382424828488927_201337896_n.jpg

532461_382424785155598_1137872635_n.jpg

Real weird cable configuration. I agree with the above posts RE graphics, I'd add frame shapes as well. The curvy Cento was a beauut! The newer ones, not so much :noidea:

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

And it's definitely not a 'cross bike?

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Quite like the yellow one actually, but that weird elbow on the top tube makes it look like they miscalculated the angles and thought "cock it".

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com