Your thoughts on the BH RX1

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

thesergeant

by thesergeant

I've searched and searched and can't find pretty much anything on the web or forums about the BH RX1. Looks like a killer bike but I'd be interested in hearing feedback from people who may have seen one in person or ridden one.

I was initially looking at the ibis hakalugi in black lung but the BH has caught my eye. Internal cable routing, tapered steerer tube, bb30, nice paint/finish are all a plus and have be seriously considering it.

Frame weight is apparently 1130g and fork ~475g

My concerns are the high BB (60mm drop) and relatively steep angles (STA: 74 / HTA: 72.3) **(currently riding a 71/73.5 CX bike). However, stack and reach match my current build almost exactly.

What do you guys think about it?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

limba

by limba

If you want to run cantis why not get a 2012 Super X?

thewatchtech

by thewatchtech

Saw one up close & personal at a BH demo a few weeks back and was floored by how light it felt w/their stock setup (Rival, etc.). Didn't get to ride it tho.

thesergeant

by thesergeant

Well, i went ahead and pulled the trigger on it. Should arrive Monday. I'll post a mini review and snap some photos for those interested after I've put some miles on it.

fastvegan

by fastvegan

I have a 2011 model, my team is "sponsored" by BH and we purchased 15 of these.

I love mine, it is stiff and light. It has been raced for 2 cx seasons and used for many offroad rides, including a MTB race and barry-roubaix, and still rides like new. I am not a top level racer, but I am confident the bike is not holding me back.

The stock hs bearings are not very good, and the rear der hanger bends very easily.
Also be aware the largest ring you can use on the inside of the crankset is a 39, and it is tough to find a chain watcher to use a single front ring for racing, I used a complicated double guard setup.

The bike weighed in at 14.8lbs with canit brakes and 15lbs with mini v's

post some pics!

thesergeant

by thesergeant

So I've had to a chance to put some miles on the bike and am VERY happy with it. I loove the matte finish, internal housing, tapered headtube, etc, etc. etc.

Mine is coming in a little over 16lbs as shown. I could shave some weight with tubulars and a few other light parts but I'm happy where it's at.

If you're on the fence i HIGHLY recommend.

limba

by limba

Looks awesome!

but I have to ask again, why not get a Super X? Don't like the downtube cables? Don't like Cannondale?

thewatchtech

by thewatchtech

Beauty!

eordman

by eordman

Looks awesome!

I know there are other threads on this but what is your initial take on the mini v's? I rode a friends bike the other day with them and they felt squishy although I suspect they weren't set up correctly.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com