ebay chinese carbon frame

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

trickydisco78

by trickydisco78

been on ebay for a while and it only seemed to be the road/tt/mtb frames that always turned up from chinese sellers. Noticed the model fr501 turned up recently

Anyone got any info on this? Is it based on an open mould?

sanrensho

by sanrensho

I'm interested in this frame as well, including actual weights.

I've been monitoring eBay for carbon cx frames for quite some time, and it's only been in the last few months that these frames have shown up in $400 range.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

I wonder if the FR-501 on Ebay is the same frame mentioned in the Help Patrick name his Neo cross frame thread? Probably wont be to much longer before you start seeing disc-brake specific open mold carbon cross frames on Ebay seeing as how there are now three distinct models being offered from the various Chinese vendors.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

trickydisco78

by trickydisco78

Well they've all gone for some reason?!

ms6073

by ms6073

I had emailed a question to the seller and the reply I got back included that they had already sold out all the frames they had in stock.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

trickydisco78

by trickydisco78

I just got this from the seller

fr501? the frame has trouble , So we stop selling it ,?
we will have new model? cross frame in next? month

euan

by euan

I cant imagine anyone would actually sell a serious cross frame with disc and canti mounts

trickydisco78

by trickydisco78

euan wrote:I cant imagine anyone would actually sell a serious cross frame with disc and canti mounts

Why? I can.. gives the nice option of both. I have them on my mountain bikes why not a cross bike?

jcrr

by jcrr

Trickydisco- I started this other thread a while back, when I had some $ and was thinking of upgrading to carbon.

Check out some of the links I found if it interests you.

jc

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=101228" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"If it ain't broken, it could be lighter"

trickydisco78

by trickydisco78

Looks like they are back up again

CXF

by CXF

euan wrote:I cant imagine anyone would actually sell a serious cross frame with disc and canti mounts

wrong- check out ridley x fire. and stevens
Last edited by CXF on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
its cross season buddy

CXF

by CXF

trickydisco78 wrote:Looks like they are back up again

dont waste your money. if your looking for something "cheap" in carbon your going to end up w/ junk. if you want something less expensive and disc ready look into a alloy frame. or spend some money and get a ridley x fire disc
its cross season buddy

trickydisco78

by trickydisco78

why?

I don't want discs on my cross. There are reports of people on bikeradar,singletrackworld, roadbike review and mtbr that have has lots of these carbon frames from china without problems

CXF

by CXF

trickydisco78 wrote:why?

I don't want discs on my cross. There are reports of people on bikeradar,singletrackworld, roadbike review and mtbr that have has lots of these carbon frames from china without problems

i dont use disc brakes. im not dissagreeing w/ you. if you want a carbon frame there are alot of good carbon frame out there, ridley, stevens, giant, cannondale, spec to name afew.spend the money and buy a good frame w/ a good rep. your not going to get quality for nothing. thats not my rule. thats life rule. and dont go by what mag reviews say. at the shop i used to work one of the ed. (MF)for bicycling mag. used to have his bikes built there. then he'd test them. if the bikes junk he just returned the bike and says thank you. they do not write neg . reviews. ive known people that bought these frames (tt, rd, cx, mtb) they are junk. (most carbon frames are made by giant and merida, than a company puts there decals on, these are not) one more thing to remember- taiwan=good, china=not good
its cross season buddy

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sanrensho

by sanrensho

trickydisco78 wrote:Looks like they are back up again

I noticed that last night. Too bad about the long head tubes. I would go for the 52cm but it has a 130mm head tube. Ridiculously long and almost as bad as my TCX.