Specialized S-works Toupe - new graphics?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

A friend of mine said he's able to help me pick up an S-works Toupe saddle from Thailand for a steal, and took a photo of it
I've never seen the brand name splashed out across the saddle for this particular saddle however, though the shape and form of it looks like it - is this look new for the year, or is that actually something else? I'll really rather have it in plain white!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

My guess? Counterfeit.

It's a cross between the Chicane S-Works graphics and the Toupe S-Works shape. And they don't have the red tape on the rails on the aftermarket version.

leosantos

by leosantos

oh no, it's coming after me!
coincidence or not, I lost an auction on ebay just yesterday for this same saddle. cant see from your pic what the rails are, but the one from ebay had solid Ti (as oposed to regular hollow Ti from the expert toupe). I wanted it for the carbon shell, Im loving my s-works with the carbon shell as it flex more than regular and so absorbs the road better than the traditional toupe even though it has less padding. I was runner up yesterday, it sold for $183 - which is still not bad, barely half the s-works just because the carbon rails in it take 40 grams more, but this is way more exclusive - Im always checking for carbon toupes and that is the first time I seen this model there. so my guess it is not a counterfeit, spec is doing team versions of the carbon shell toupe just as they did different team versions in the past. Anyway it is good I didnt overspend since Im planning to ask Berk for a combo soon!

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Ok I'm an idiot for answering my own question - I never seen it in this graphic scheme before but apparently it does exist on the official website! I still like the pure white one though, but my friend says they can't order that for some reason. Price is damn good though.
http://www.specialized.com/ca/en/ftb/saddles/road-multisportsaddles/s-workstoupe

Porschenut

by Porschenut

This saddle is stiff, stiff, stiff! There's barely any give to the shell at all and a buddy who just bought one (and was previously using a Romin Team) complains about pain. :cry: It might be a good idea to go with the other Pro model for a little more weight (140-ish grams) but with more padding. On the other hand, we ARE weight weenies.

jamr1

by jamr1

slightly different graphics.

shotgun

by shotgun

I've seen these designs in the Philippines, can't say for sure if they're counterfeit but I've seen them in a couple of respectable LBS. As early as 2010 I think.
2018 Giant TCR Advance SL0 Disc
2017 Festka Scalatore
1989 Battaglin Roche
1985 Alan Carbonio

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Using a toupe currently with hollow Ti rails and thought the slightly wider nose and 50gm weight savings will be good. Am able to get it at 2/3 of the standard price brand new, so definitely worth a try IMO.

leosantos

by leosantos

Kayrehn wrote:Ok I'm an idiot for answering my own question [/url]

you're not (says me)! I also knew I had seen it somewhere before at their site.. and I dont agree that this saddle is stiff as in no give at all. But that's my personal opinion, I weight 150lbs and I dont pedal so hard..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KWalker

by KWalker

BikeTart wrote:My guess? Counterfeit.

It's a cross between the Chicane S-Works graphics and the Toupe S-Works shape. And they don't have the red tape on the rails on the aftermarket version.

Yes, it is a stock graphic and they do have the red logo on the carbon railed version. I worked at a Specialized dealer and the saddle appears odd only because the S-Works Toupe only comes in a wooden box.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike