How many short sleeve jerseys?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

konky

by konky

I ride a lot but alternate just 2 jerseys. I'm talking short sleeve summer riding and not commuting but training or racing.

How many short sleeve jerseys do you guys own and use regularly?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tinchy

by tinchy

Same as bikes, the n+1 rule applies.

In all seriousness, I mainly ride with my team kit, so thats two jerseys per summer, alternated of course.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Start with two, and get one more each year. Soon you'll have a pile of jerseys in various states of worn-out-ness. And I'm not speaking of the ones you get at events ...

carbon2329

by carbon2329

I imagine many folks rotate between two jerseys, because it is a club/team kit, and many of us don't buy 4-6 club/team jerseys.

Two seems to work, but the past couple of years I rotate betwen 2-3 club/team jerseys and an additional 1-2 others.( you know some wear out and you stop using them etc...)

For me, this is because, I know a couple of LBS owners pretty well, and try to support both, so I get a couple from each. Now I use:
1 club/team jersey (friends shop) (of which, I am a club/team member)
1 club/team jersey (another, friends shop)
2 older club/team team jerseys (of which, I am a club/team member= same club)
1 old one from deep in the closet when all else is dirty/ dosen't match

I ride 4-6 times a week.

It probably comes down to; $$ , convinece, and personal physiology.
-some don't want to wash that often
-some don't have or want to spend a certain amount of $$
-others (I know a few) that sweat ten liters/hour (even in cold weather, it's like a waterfall) and if they used the same jersey, or didn't wash it each time, it would disinigrate :D

I am not a big "sweater", but I like to put my clothes in the "clothes bin" and wash, only, once a week.
So I always use a clean jersey and shorts each ride, but wash once a week (sometimes twice :D )

1 or 2 could work just fine, however (but that is, or should be :D a lot of washing)

Too long of explanation :?: :mrgreen:
Last edited by carbon2329 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:52 pm, edited 7 times in total.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

4 that I wear regularly:
2 from one team, the other two are from the other two teams.

Let's not even begin to count how many jerseys a person may own but not even wear! :oops:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

carbon2329

by carbon2329

Good point. I won't even go down that path. :oops:

Some people have dozens of shoes (non cycling) and others just have 1-2.

Everyone is different. :D

maggierose
Shop Owner

by maggierose

I type this with the utmost respect: 2 Jerseys? Are you kidding?

I have about 20 jerseys. About half are "current" and the others I use for trainer/commuting etc.

If I only had 2 jerseys I would have to do wash every 2 days. EVERYBODY should have at least 7 jerseys so they can ride for a full week before doing the wash.

Don't be the smelly guy on the ride/race! Everybody has been behind the one dude that reeks and it SUCKS.

I'm afraid to ask; how many pairs of cycling socks do you own?

konky

by konky

I spend a fortune on cycling. I own a Storck Fascenario 0.6 and Cervelo R5 to prove it, but I just can't bring myself to spend on cloths. The two jerseys I have are good quality, Assos and Rapha (sorry), and will wear 3 times between washing (just as well I ride solo). That suits me fine. But I am tempted to get an Assos SS 13 jersey. Two isn't enough is it, I do need to get another don't I?

I just wear black every day socks so loads.

kgt

by kgt

konky wrote:The two jerseys I have are good quality, Assos and Rapha (sorry), and will wear 3 times between washing

:o

mjduct

by mjduct

I have like 3 or 4, 2 sleeveless, and 1 long sleeve (can you tell I live in South Texas)

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

FYI if you get behind someone who really reeks it is often the helmet that stinks. Few people wash there helmet and they can get nasty. The chin strap itself can become its own ecosystem if you are not careful. And it all goes right up the nose of the rider behind. Hate that!

About 6 jerseys with 3 favorites that see more action.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

konky wrote:The two jerseys I have are good quality, Assos and Rapha (sorry), and will wear 3 times between washing

Sorry, but eww. You have one of the most expensive bikes ever conceived by the industry (until next year) and you can't be bothered to wash your clothes after a ride? :noidea:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

dodge

by dodge

I have 7 different kits..and thats just the road ones... :lol: I have other gear/kits for the MTB :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SSB

by SSB

prendrefeu wrote:

Sorry, but eww. You have one of the most expensive bikes ever conceived by the industry (until next year) and you can't be bothered to wash your clothes after a ride? :noidea:

Maybe that's how he can afford those rides by spending less on clothing? :noidea:

I'm ashamed to admit that I did that last year with bibs- I rode everyday but only had 2 pairs, wearing them a few times before giving them a wash. I learned a valuable lesson after that.
Flickr
2012 Cannondale CAAD10