recommendation for light road handlebar

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rohaimie

by rohaimie

hi guys,any recommendation for light handlebar? currently using Icon 42cm.abit heavy though. :(
italian bikes rules!

JTC

by JTC

I have been using Easton EC90's for years with no problems and have never heard of anyone else having any problems.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Superlite

by Superlite

As long as your not a huge sprinter the kestrel EMS Pro SL is the lightest productin bar. Mine's 168g for a 40cm, also has normal bend unlike the Easton, incase you don't like it.

rohaimie

by rohaimie

JTC wrote:I have been using Easton EC90's for years with no problems and have never heard of anyone else having any problems.

hi jtc,how much did u get the EC90 for and where thanks.newbie here.! :)
italian bikes rules!

gholl

by gholl

Can you also recommend an appropriate stem for these carbon bars?

bobalou

by bobalou

rohaimie wrote:hi guys,any recommendation for light handlebar? currently using Icon 42cm.abit heavy though. :(

I use the EC90 for one bike. No complaints, but doesn't take aero bars. Paid $90 on eBay.

If you'd like a strong and light aluminum bar, I use a 3TTT Prima 199 on my training bike. Cheap, (around $40) light (200g) and no flex .

JTC

by JTC

Yeah, thats the down side with carbon bars. Some manufacturers say that you can use them on there carbon bars, but I would stay away from that. I have a ITM alu bar for the clip on's. Here in the US EC 90's are going to run you about $180 regardless of where you get them. I havn't really seen any deals on them anywhere. You can go to www.roadbikereview.com and go to the Deals discussion forum and see if anyone has posted the lates Nashbar Coupon (%10 or %15 off) and get them from there. As far as Stems I have been using a Pinarello carbon stem on mine (not sure who really makes it). I will be using a Syntace F99 w/ EC 90's on the new bike.

Joel

by Joel

You can also take a look at Schmolke/Tune bars.

rohaimie

by rohaimie

are they any disadvantage using carbon stem and hadlebar? Got myself a taiwan made carbon bar recently.Riding buddies keep insisting me to get carbon stem to match with it..not sure if they have 80mm carbon stem :oops: :oops:
italian bikes rules!

MantraPro

by MantraPro

Ovalconcepts R950 carbon bar, 180 gr.
http://www.ovalconcepts.com/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spytech

by spytech

if you have the cash go with Schmolke. http://www.schmolke-carbon-titan.de/car ... _c_uk.html

seems they can pass rigorous test and be very very light - they are a winner :wink: