seatpost from 6Kcycles

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

addictR1

by addictR1

anyone tried this before?

Ultra-light Seatpost 31.6mm (129 grams)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290717281071?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_500wt_1164

is this as light as it claims? the design-wise looks like the KCNC type.. not sure if this is better?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

129g?
Heavy. :?

The Omni seatposts are lighter.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

addictR1

by addictR1

prendrefeu wrote:129g?
Heavy. :?

The Omni seatposts are lighter.

oh? do you have any personal experience with the Omni seatposts? if so, i'd like to hear about it. lighter the better... :) but want to make sure they don't crack and have the carbon up my arse if you know what i mean? :lol:

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Using an OMNI now, no issues to report.
Really, if something works really well there is nothing to report because it's really that reliable.
Weight came a few g under the claimed weight.
Trimmed down to ~90g (need to check my spreadsheet but I can't be bothered to at the moment), but I wasn't able to cut too much off as my seat height is rather high.

addictR1

by addictR1

prendrefeu wrote:Using an OMNI now, no issues to report.
Really, if something works really well there is nothing to report because it's really that reliable.
Weight came a few g under the claimed weight.
Trimmed down to ~90g (need to check my spreadsheet but I can't be bothered to at the moment), but I wasn't able to cut too much off as my seat height is rather high.

nice... thanks for the feedback and the suggestions. let me google around and see. i see them listed on ebay.. but not sure if they are sold elsewhere for cheaper..

i came across these.. 3T @ 145g... even lighter for a fraction more..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251083248703?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_2850wt_913

bura

by bura

After long years importing Token to the US , Ernie Mahlman (Omni) has learned the sources to get cheap but reliable stuff from Taiwan and China. Omni is his brand and you will find these posts as well as with the Token brand. The ultra-lite Omni post is sold as Token Accura TK9141C. My expression of "cheap" is not a downgrade for the OMNI post.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

leosantos

by leosantos

I´ve the 27,2mm, it's impressive to look at and it weighted spot on at 117gr as advertised with all hardware, 290mm length. unfortunetly that's all I can say since I found out in the meantime I needed a setback so I never got it installed, so it's up for sale here in Brazil..

addictR1

by addictR1

wow.. so many good response for the omni seatpost. i have titanium rails on my saddle.. so it should be ok to use with omni right? i only need about 250, so if i need to cut it.. do i need to sand it down afterwards or anything like that?

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Yes, you will be fine.
Just get one already, stop wringing your hands.
Plenty of threads and info on cutting carbon here and on the internet. :thumbup:

addictR1

by addictR1

prendrefeu wrote:Yes, you will be fine.
Just get one already, stop wringing your hands.
Plenty of threads and info on cutting carbon here and on the internet. :thumbup:

ok... last question before i check out.. can you adjust the tilt (nose down or up) on this seat post?

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

More easily and precisely than you can even imagine, simply tighten one bolt and loosen the other

addictR1

by addictR1

so i take it these are the older model?

http://www.procyclingworld.com/servlet/the-342/OMNI-Racer-ULTRA-dsh-Lite-Carbon/Detail

cuz this is the one i'm seeing on ebay

No eBay links please... PP

plus a member on here posted their omni seatpost that looks like the one from the first link and at 300mm, it was around 132.xx grams. but the one on ebay for the 300mm is at 175g??? :shock:

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Your two links are different models entirely, can't you see that? :noidea:
The first one is a zero-setback, the other is a setback.

Search "omni seatpost" on ebay and you will see two distinctly different models. Choose the one that is for your needs: setback or no setback.
Done.

addictR1

by addictR1

prendrefeu wrote:Your two links are different models entirely, can't you see that? :noidea:
The first one is a zero-setback, the other is a setback.

Search "omni seatpost" on ebay and you will see two distinctly different models. Choose the one that is for your needs: setback or no setback.
Done.

i see it now..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

leosantos

by leosantos

Ive nothing to gain on this but what's wrong with trying the 6kcycles anyway?

I mean, I talked to the company owner and he was specific that I should try his alu post, not the carbon, even though he made more money on the carbon ones and actually lost money on the alu at the ebay "promo" price. I dont think its hard to believe that, as we see many expensive itens around when it comes to high grade 7068 T6 aluminum whatever that means.. and he also advised me at 150 lbs, Id be safer on rough roads on the alu than on his carbon post.

on a side note, he admitted to me that the hardware is not outstanding, as I read somewhere.. again, I havent tried it, so...