New Hollowgram

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bikedoc

by bikedoc

STARNUT wrote:It would appear they are not in a hurry as they have one of the best cranks out AND they've been working on it since the SI became the SISL. I'd guess 2013-14

Its light and stiff but im so glad i dont have one any more, betweens the creaks and the snapping they drove me crazy

Phill P

by Phill P

bit of blue loctite between the axle and the bearing face would have fixed most if not all your noise issues.....

When are we going to get photos???
Technical Director at www.TUFFcycle.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikedoc

by bikedoc

hard to photo a creak :lol:
like is said glad i dont have it anymore so nothing to photograph

53x12

by 53x12

bikedoc wrote:Its light and stiff but im so glad i dont have one any more, betweens the creaks and the snapping they drove me crazy

Too bad you didn't have it setup properly. Several thousand miles on mine and no issues.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

bikedoc

by bikedoc

It/they were set up properly.

Plus set up might solve the creaks but has nothing to do with the alloy arms splitting and coming apart, lock rings breaking even though never touched.

This was the Alloy one, dont get me started on the carbon ones FSA made for them and where recalled eventually

I still say they are very good cranks as far as stiffness and weight but as an everyday setup a real pain

53x12

by 53x12

"Plus set up might solve the creaks but has nothing to do with the alloy arms splitting and coming apart, lock rings breaking even though never touched."

Alloy arms splitting? Really? I would be interested in hearing what Starnut's experience is with customers coming back and complaining about their Hollowgram cranks splitting. You are seriously the first person I have heard complain about that. Ever. And ever is a long time for me.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

mgordon

by mgordon

...However in the meantime lets keep this to the appropriate thread so that every time I get an email saying there's new posts in this thread I don't get all excited thinking someone is going to have all the juicy details!

Right?!

Although I do agree that they're the best cranks ever and I have never had any noise from mine nor have I heard of any problems from anyone else I know.

bikedoc

by bikedoc

if you look at the pedal end of the crank you can see where the back and the front of the arms join its not straight join like it is along the sides but 'toothed' the splits started here and would go across the end of the crank then travel along its length. Warrentied a couple of sets of mine plus a few other for customers.

53x12

by 53x12

Awesome news. Count me in too.

leosantos

by leosantos

loving it! derailleur is new RED, so it must be a to-be-announced 2013 evo..

bikedoc

by bikedoc

recycling ideas again, they/coda did the the one peice chain ring thing years ago.

wasabi1

by wasabi1

Like the concept and the weight. Not so keen on the spiderweb design.

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

The best just got better 8)
Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

mythical

by mythical

Gorgeous!
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com