The fakes topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

elviento

by elviento

Had to share this... Saw this on China's equivalent of Twitter about someone's new bike assembled from pieces purchased online. Fake Giant frame, fake Mavic wheels, fake Scott bar, fake FSA seatpost, fake bottle cage, fake MAXXIS tires, any many more. Apparently you can build a fake bike with hardly any real parts.

BTW, seat collar cracked during installation thanks to the 1mm gap between post and frame as both are way out of spec.

车中奇葩!今天遇到一位顾客在网络上淘的一堆宝贝,车架在安装过程中坐杆夹头位置就开裂了,来我们店问维修问题,仔细看来,这车的零部件全是假货••GIANT的炭车架,MAVIC轮组,包括把横,水壶架•••还有MAXXIS轮胎都是假的••这车你还敢骑吗亲?@捷安特官方 GIANT要打假咯!
◆◆查看大图|向左转|向右转
标签:
转发(44)| 收藏| 评论(20) 55分钟前 来自iPhone客户端 |举报

评论(20)| 转发(44)

转发到微博|转发到私信|转发到微群 同时转发到我的微博
评论
还可以输入121 字

太悲剧了。不过没办法。还是有太多的人会同时评论给 南京无限-郑屹
转发

全部 | 认证用户 | 关注的人 | 陌生人
vivadidi丁玲: 打假… (10秒前) 举报| 转发
bromine: 果断曝光售假的淘宝商家!! (40秒前) 举报| 转发
SP_JASSCE: 神车 //@南京无限-郑屹:还真是不便宜•••车主也花了8千多••坐管开裂问题找到了,原来搭配的一只FSA坐杆也是假的,31•6坐杆实测31•3,车架坐杆内径实测32•3,公差巨大!轻轻上紧必须开裂••发这个消息也是提醒入门车友,网购陷阱多,购买须留意 (2分钟前)
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Biff

by Biff

:evil: ...Who is selling and buying those pieces of crap?

milkbaby

by milkbaby

Cracked, out of spec? But how can that be since surely these must be made in the same OEM factories as the name brands?!? LOL

sent by tapatalk because my computer is a paperweight

monkeyburger

by monkeyburger

Re Fakes... I bet you didn't know Cervelo made MTBs. The fakers here are WAY ahead of Vroomen's OPEN project. Man, he could have saved himself a pile of R&D cash :lol:

Exhibit A
The Tubing is exactly the same as the fake Giants. Must be an "open" Hydroforming plant.
The Tubing is exactly the same as the fake Giants. Must be an "open" Hydroforming plant.

Exhibit B
"C" is pronounced "ch" here.
"C" is pronounced "ch" here.

Now I'm beginning to wonder about the Pinarello kids MTBs I've been seeing. Maybe they're fake too! :hmm:
...finding my inner Onoda-kun...

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

elviento wrote:Had to share this... Saw this on China's equivalent of Twitter about someone's new bike assembled from pieces purchased online.

How do people in China regard the use or purchasing of fake items vs. the real items?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

elviento

by elviento

It's not very favorably regarded, although there is no arguing with 80%-95% savings (imported (well, exported and then re-imported) name brands are subject to very high taxes).

Somehow westerners seem a bit more tolerant of fakes, I suspect not because of different moral standards, but because folks in China know all too well there is no free lunch, and have been screwed by crappy products too many times; plus authentic name brand products are overly glorified, by propaganda and their prohibitive price tags.
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wingnut

by Wingnut

IMO I will never tolerate or purchase the fake stuff...ever!