Looking for new frame

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dbecks7

by dbecks7

I am looking for a new frame at the moment to replace my old CAAD 9 and I want to keep it under 4k for the frameset. Depending upon the frame I will either run SRAM Red or Campy Super Record. The two bikes I am really interested in are the Specialized Tarmac SL4 and Wilier Cento Uno. Would it be wise however just to wait until the new models come out for the companies or would building a bike up this summer be a better idea? I really want to jump into a new bike but I don't want to regret not waiting for the new frames to come out. As far as the frame selection how do these two frames stack up performance and comfort wise? The bike will be mainly used for training rides and possibly future races.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

russianbear

by russianbear

Go ride both, finding a specialized dealer is easy. Wilier might be a bit harder.

dbecks7

by dbecks7

russianbear wrote:Go ride both, finding a specialized dealer is easy. Wilier might be a bit harder.

Actually my LBS has both luckily. Whats your opinion on waiting for the new models vs. just buying one now.

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Check the new Wilier topic in this section of the forum. Apparently a replacement of the Centouno will be announced in the near future. Keep that in mind if you decide to go the Wilier route.
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.