Advice needed, my Foil needs a diet!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

simurs4

by simurs4

Hey guys i'm after some advice on how it would best to achieve a 6.5kg or better Foil 20.
at the moment its weighing around the 7.4kg mark which i wasn't very impressed about as thats what Scott states there weight to be on the website, and thats after i'd changed to a Zipp SLC2 bar (190g), Zipp SL Speed Stem (102g) and Selle Italia SLR Super flow 145 (180g). it came with an alloy bar/stem and a selle italia saddle weighing almost double that.
the rest of the bike is how it came from Scott atm, with mavic cosmic elite wheelset, ultegra 6700 groupset and ritchey carbon seatpost and it has shimano 105 spd-sl pedals
am i asking to much to lose almost 1 kg if not more from this bike or would this be attainable by swapping out wheelsets/groupsets quite easily?
thanks for any help :).

DJT21

by DJT21

The wheelset is very heavy. I'd change that first!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

aeroslave

by aeroslave

change everything escpet the frameset.
"Light bike? Its still about the engine!".

sungod

by sungod

you could lose 500g on the wheels without going to extremes

you don't mention tubes/tyres, maybe 100g to be had there without going to minimal rubber

the saddle is quite porky, could lose over 100g, but comfort here counts for more than weight, so really depends if you are comfy on a pure cf saddle

you could fit nokon or ilinks, and/or powercordz, on a non-internal routing it saved me about 120g

i think dura ace 7900 would save 300g, sram red 500g, there are some deals to be had on the previous year's red