USADA Banned Armstrong new Doping Allegations

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

J-Nice

by J-Nice

So much for speculation and blather-

George Hincapie was indeed interviewed by the Feds, just in case anyone was wondering-

"One of the cyclists who agreed to be interviewed by federal investigators after receiving a subpoena was George Hincapie, Mr. Armstrong's longtime lieutenant who raced alongside him in all of his Tour de France victories."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 70544.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Check out the latest controversies in sport-

http://berzin.blogspot.com/

53x12

by 53x12

J-Nice wrote:So much for speculation and blather-

George Hincapie was indeed interviewed by the Feds, just in case anyone was wondering-

"One of the cyclists who agreed to be interviewed by federal investigators after receiving a subpoena was George Hincapie, Mr. Armstrong's longtime lieutenant who raced alongside him in all of his Tour de France victories."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 70544.html"

So when Hincapie testified back in May 2011, and he admitted LA and he used EPO, testosterone, blood doped....etc. all that "good shit" why was he not suspended from racing for admitted doping? Now he has gone on to race 2011 and 2012. Who knows what he said. But I find it hard to believe that they would allow him to continue racing as an admitted doper. Or I guess it shows how unfair the system is in regards to allowing you to rat out another rider and get off scot free.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

rustychain wrote:toss out all of them. The riders the managers the promoters the governing bodies the labs the sponsors and the fans. All are complicit IMO. Then I can watch http://www.jeopardy.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
in peace :wink:

for me it has come down to this, I don't believe anyone on this subject. All have vested interests.

hahah so true :thumbup:
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

KWalker

by KWalker

53x12 wrote:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 70544.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

So when Hincapie testified back in May 2011, and he admitted LA and he used EPO, testosterone, blood doped....etc. all that "good shit" why was he not suspended from racing for admitted doping? Now he has gone on to race 2011 and 2012. Who knows what he said. But I find it hard to believe that they would allow him to continue racing as an admitted doper. Or I guess it shows how unfair the system is in regards to allowing you to rat out another rider and get off scot free.

Could have said he did it then, which wouldn't influence his participation now. Or it could be the reason he announced his retirement 2 days before this hit.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

53x12

by 53x12

KWalker wrote:Could have said he did it then, which wouldn't influence his participation now. Or it could be the reason he announced his retirement 2 days before this hit.

So they won't go after Hincapie who "might have doped in the past but not now" and is still racing, and instead go after LA who "might have doped +10 years ago" but who is retired from cycling? WTF? Hincapie is retiring after this year, but he is still racing.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

jooo wrote:I feel sorry for the mods but this thread is at least somewhat entertaining to read whilst I eat my lunch :lol:

Mr.Gib wrote:In fact recreational drugs and booze have probably destroyed more good music than it has helped create.

Do you actually know anything about interesting music? :|

I don't need to make a list, a few examples will suffice. Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain and Amy Winehouse all died at age 27.

Always know your customer before you lob an insult (no offence taken by the way). Here endeth the lesson.

Back to topic.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Rodrego Hernandez

by Rodrego Hernandez

53x12 wrote:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 70544.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

He testified to the Feds, not USADA.

53x12

by 53x12

Rodrego Hernandez wrote:He testified to the Feds, not USADA.

Exactly, which is even worse. EPO, steroids..etc. are controlled substances under Controlled Substances Act which makes possession or use of them without a medical reason a federal crime.

In addition, supposedly all of the Feds evidence was sent to USADA. Not sure how true that is.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

53x12 wrote:Ok Mr. Gib, I resign and agree with you. :mrgreen:

Now we're getting somewhere! :P

53x12 I admire your principled stance regarding innocent until proven guilty, etc. But we're just a bunch of dudes on the internet with no obligation of due process. We all know what the deal is. I for one am highly entertained watching Lance try to manage this situation. It will be wild to see even a small handful of cyclists get up there and admit to doping and doping with Lance, while Lance continues to insist it never happened.

I admit that I haven't read everyone's posts carefully but is there anyone on here who believes that Lance didn't dope? (And I am not asking if you have concrete evidence one way or the other, just if you believe he's is/was clean.)
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Rick

by Rick

53x12 I admire your principled stance regarding innocent until proven guilty, etc. But we're just a bunch of dudes on the internet with no obligation of due process.

Well, I have posted this before, but I think it should be remembered that "innocent until proven guilty" is not just an arcane technical legal concept. It BECAME a legal concept because of the pre-existing and underlying moral/ethical concept.
That silly stuff about "not bearing false witness", and "character assasination". etc.

Everyone is entitled to their thoughts. But if you start making accusations without evidence, it *is* unethical.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Rick wrote:But there is never any shortage of inbred hillbillies with torches and pitchforks. :P

... on both sides of any argument, Rick. :wink:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Rick

by Rick

prendrefeu wrote:
Rick wrote:But there is never any shortage of inbred hillbillies with torches and pitchforks. :P

... on both sides of any argument, Rick. :wink:

But it is a lot harder to imagine an enraged mob of hillbillies with torches and pitchforks frantically yelling "I think we should only consider credible evidence!"
:lol:

motorthings

by motorthings

for those of you who haven't see this yet...and are wondering how Hitler was reacting to all of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia6dV_G5UxE

geraldatwork

by geraldatwork

motorthings wrote:for those of you who haven't see this yet...and are wondering how Hitler was reacting to all of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia6dV_G5UxE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pretty funny
"Really fast people are frustrating, but they make you faster. When you get faster, you might frustrate someone else."

2009 Trek Madone 5.5 Project One SRAM Force 16.4 lbs w/pedals and cages.
2007 Bianchi 928 Carbon Lugged- SRAM Rival-17 lbs.

rustychain

by rustychain

artray wrote:Jeopardy,You must be on somthing to watch that .

While that may be true I suggest you NEED to be on something to watch this crap unfold :lol:
WW Velocipedist Gargantuan

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com