Cannondale SuperSix sizing queries...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

gabriel959

by gabriel959

Hi all,

I am new here so please go easy on me :oops: :P

I am looking at buying a Cannondale SuperSix 60cm but I am trying to figure out some measurements

Some details about me. I am 91 kg, 6 feet 4 (194.5cm) with a 90cm inseam (34.5 inches) but I am a bit odd shaped (short legs, long body).

I quite like a race fit instead of a relaxed bit hence me looking at the 60cm instead of the 63cm (which it isn't available to me).

My Bike fit said that I need a top tube length of in between 58.8cm to 59.2cm and the SuperSix 60cm is 59cm so that is bang on really.

I am a bit more concerned about the seat tube, by looking at the Cannondale website I can see that the stack is 59.3cm. My recommended seat tube length (center to top) is in between 60cm for racier fit and 61.5cm for a slightly more relaxed fit. So I am a bit worried about this although I assume I would be able to correct this with seatpost height and 1 or 2cm of spacers which isn't too bad.

My questions are, is stack a true representation of the seat tube length (center to top)? I have asked elsewhere to someone with a SuperSix 60cm and they have said it measures 61cm but this sounds far too much as I though stack and seat tube length (c-t) were more or less the same?

Any help would be appreciated.

Gabriel

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

GT56

by GT56

gabriel959 wrote:Hi all,

I am new here so please go easy on me :oops: :P

I am looking at buying a Cannondale SuperSix 60cm but I am trying to figure out some measurements

Some details about me. I am 91 kg, 6 feet 4 (194.5cm) with a 90cm inseam (34.5 inches) but I am a bit odd shaped (short legs, long body).

I quite like a race fit instead of a relaxed bit hence me looking at the 60cm instead of the 63cm (which it isn't available to me).

My Bike fit said that I need a top tube length of in between 58.8cm to 59.2cm and the SuperSix 60cm is 59cm so that is bang on really.

I am a bit more concerned about the seat tube, by looking at the Cannondale website I can see that the stack is 59.3cm. My recommended seat tube length (center to top) is in between 60cm for racier fit and 61.5cm for a slightly more relaxed fit. So I am a bit worried about this although I assume I would be able to correct this with seatpost height and 1 or 2cm of spacers which isn't too bad.

My questions are, is stack a true representation of the seat tube length (center to top)? I have asked elsewhere to someone with a SuperSix 60cm and they have said it measures 61cm but this sounds far too much as I though stack and seat tube length (c-t) were more or less the same?

Any help would be appreciated.

Gabriel

First of all, seat tube lenght is measured along the seatube (center of bottom bracket to top of seat tube) so diagonally and stack is measured vertically from (again) the center of the bottom bracket to the top of the centerline of the headtube, so even if the top of the seat tube and the top of the head are the same height horizonatlly the seat tube will always be longer (but not higher!)

If you look at the Geometry drawing of the Super Six you will see that it has a slighlty sloping top tube (I believe it is 2 cm from front (head tube) to rear (seat tube)

I believe the extension of the seattube above the top of the top tube is about two cm, so the (vertical!) stack height of the headtube and the seattube is practically the same.

Question: What would be your seat height (center of bb to top of saddle measured along the seattube)

This would give you an idea as to how far the seatpost would stick out the frame

timzcat

by timzcat

90cm is 35.4 inches

Do you not have a bike now? Just measure your current saddle hieght along the seatube and the difference between it and the seatube length of the Cannondale will give you a good guess at how much seatpost will stick out.

You can also caluclate it roughly if you want. Consider seat tube length plus crank arm length plus saddle height.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Im totally opposite of you.. Im just under 6'1 and have a 92.7cm inseam and I am riding a 58cm Cannondale Liquigas Super Six HiMod... I like being a little stretched out and running a 12cm stem.. getting older now though and thinking about maybe going to a little shorter reach.... Saddle height is 82.5cm from top seat to mid BB axle

gabriel959

by gabriel959

Thanks for all the replies. Very informative.

I have a Ti bike at the moment but the frame is too small for me. It is a lovely bike but far too small frame for me.

That is a long inseam ParisCarbon, you have longer legs than I do and I am 3 inches taller than you! :)

I also like to be stretched out on the bike to be fair so it looks like the 60cm SuperSix will fit me. I also found out that the Seat Tube c-t is 61 which is within range of what I need.

gabriel959

by gabriel959

Hi another question,

I can see the head tube length is 19cm on the 60cm plus whatever the headset stack is...

anyone knows how tall is the headset stack on the CAAD10 or SuperSixies?

I am quite flexible and don't mind having a 7 cm+ saddle to handlebar drop but I don't want to have a pile of spacers below the stem...

Thanks,
Gabriel

tri

by tri

Headset:
SuperSix EVO, 1-1/4" lower bearing, 25mm carbon top cover (w/ 5mm alloy hidden top cover)

Headset
SuperSix, 1.5 lower bearing, 30mm carbon top cap, w/5mm hidden alloy top cover

Headset
CAAD10, 1-1/4" lower bearing, 25mm carbon top cap

Which is from what bike I let you figure out on you own ( cannondale has their on home page you know ;) )

gabriel959

by gabriel959

Thanks, just seen it now, I was looking at the Geo tab on their website but didn't see it! :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com