2012 Canyon Aeroad...is finally completed *Update P.3*.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Patrickh

by Patrickh

Take a look at this one http://www.bikester.nl/fietsonderdelen/fietsstuur-handvatten/handvat-accessoires/232881.html

They are available in most bike shops or they should at least be able to order them for you .

By the way a very nice bike :thumbup: . But i would also chanche the stem for something like a 3t arx ltd or a 3t arx pro stealth . Also a zipp sl speed stem would look nice .

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sjc166

by sjc166

Thanks for the link. I found a similar product through a WW forum discussion and I have ordered it. Re the stem, I wanted to keep the stem and bars the same make so given I bought the Easton bars had to go with the Easton stem as well. Perhaps the photos don't do it justice...it's a great piece of kit, nice and light too.

quattrings

by quattrings

could you measure the bar clamp width on that stem for me. I'm giving it some thought of getting one for my TT project.

Love the effort you put into the wheels. Job well done!

sjc166

by sjc166

The clamp is around 33mm. Thats the width of it when you are looking at the clamp from front on. Hope that helps.

53x12

by 53x12

Great looking bike. Very stealth.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

quattrings

by quattrings

sjc166 wrote:The clamp is around 33mm. Thats the width of it when you are looking at the clamp from front on. Hope that helps.

Thanks a bunch!

sjc166

by sjc166

Got this new mount for my Garmin 500 today. Sure looks better than mounting it with those rubber bands in the middle of the stem. Its a racewaredirect mount....very light, fits the bar and computer perfectly and it cost around €30.

photo by sjc166, on Flickr

fletch62

by fletch62

I have a question about sanding your wheels.
Did you strip them down to the rim only or leave as a complete wheel when you sanded them?
Did you have to mask off the brake track/spokes etc. when you painted them and did you spray them or use a brush?
Half way thru sanding some EC90SLX wheels and it very time consuming.
They came out excelllant on your build :thumbup:

sjc166

by sjc166

I left the wheels complete. Sanding them was already lots of work and i didnt want to create more by pulling the wheels apart. I didnt put tape on the spokes, although i should have because there are a few areas where i have taken paint of them (cant really notice it though). I also didnt tape the break track, i just avoided sanding that area. When i put a clear lacquer on i sprayed it on. I found a product that is used on cars but you could also go to a model shop and get a small can (its all the same stuff). I did tape the break track and spokes when i sprayed the lacquer on. I gave each wheel 4 coats, maybe it was too much. But the wheels came up a treat and i am very happy with them.

It is time consuming. After 1/2 hour of using very light wet and dry paper i went and got more course paper and that seems to work heaps better for the top coat of paint. When i reached the carbon then i used a light paper to get all the little pieces of paint and lacquer. Hope that helps

beardking

by beardking

are you just using regular steerer spacers onto of the supplied cone spacer and what height are they?
I've considered getting an aeroroad but I'd need about 20mm + the cone spacer and am worried it might look naff. your set up looks nice

sjc166

by sjc166

beardking wrote:are you just using regular steerer spacers onto of the supplied cone spacer and what height are they?
I've considered getting an aeroroad but I'd need about 20mm + the cone spacer and am worried it might look naff. your set up looks nice

The setup is how it came from Canyon. The steerer spacers are around 15mm above the cone spacer and with everything (cone and steerer spacers) they add up to 30mm from the top of the frame to the bottom of the stem.

Get an Aeroad, you will not be disappointed! 20mm of spacers will look fine....besides people will be focusing on your fantastic bike, not the spacers :thumbup:

Marzz

by Marzz

Damn that is hot!

Now I'm even more p*ssed off that Canyon don't ship to Australia!!
S-Works Venge

sjc166

by sjc166

Marzz wrote:Damn that is hot!

I might be moving back to Australia early next year....if you want to buy one and have it shipped to my current address, i can bring it back in my shipping container for you :thumbup:

sjc166

by sjc166

Marzz wrote:Damn that is hot!

I might be moving back to Australia early next year....if you want to buy one and have it shipped to my current address, i can bring it back in my shipping container for you :thumbup:

CrazyErrol

by CrazyErrol

That frame is absolutely beautiful. I do like these aeroads.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com