BeeBee30's new ride(New pics added 12/5/13)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

Apologies for the low quality pic but here's a pic of my first Ti road bike, of course it had to be BB30, well PF30 in this case 8) . Its certainly not super light at around 6.7kg, but that was never the intention, I just wanted a smooth riding and durable rig, having realised that a carbon fibre, super light rocket is wasted on me lol, hence my Litespeed Archon C1 will soon be gracing the For Sale section.

Frame: Lynskey Helix OS medium
Fork: Enve 2.0
Headset: Chris King Inset
Shifters: DA 7900
Brakes: DA 7900
Rear derailleur: DA 7900
Front derailleur: DA 7900
Stem: Zipp Service Course SL
Bars: Zipp SL classic bend
Cranks: Cannondale Hollogram SL
Rings: Stronglight CT2
Pedals: Speedplay X1
Cassette: Sram Red
Seatpost: Lynskey
Saddle: Fizik Kurve Chameleon
Bottle cages: Arundal Carbon
Chain: KMC X10SL
Wheels: Lightweight Gen 1 20/20
Tires: Vittoria Corsa CX

Gave its first ride last night and it felt amazing, very stiff and comfortable, albeit with a different saddle, I haven't yet tried the new Kurve pictured. Future upgrades planned are Praxis rings, Aligator i-Links, fatter tubs, something like 24mm, probably gonna retire my aged Speedplays and maybe get Dura Ace SPD-SL's and I'm still deciding if I want to get some lighter callipers or use my M5's?
Last edited by BeeBee30 on Sun May 12, 2013 6:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

KB

by KB

Great looking bike mate, shame about the pic. It deserves something better. As I expected the Dale cranks follow you around everywhere. We don't see many of them on TI bikes. The seatpost also looks right.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

billspreston

by billspreston

Very nice! :thumbup:

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

Yeah I'll take the camera up the shop and take some better pics. Wasn't sure I could live with an inline post, but I have plenty of reach, got the seat post as part of the deal with the frame set and really wanted to use it, would maybe like a Ti stem to match but they are pretty pricey and not many around in 130mm 6 degree, shame the Spin on that lovely Renovo wooden frame machine are only available in -10 degree :cry:
Ti or dye!

CamW

by CamW

Whats the stiffness of the bar like? I'm considering a set but my friend tells me the "stiff version" of the bar is still horribly flexy.

Miller76

by Miller76

Love it!!!

Geoff

by Geoff

Looks like CAADHEAD needs a new name...

jrobart

by jrobart

sweet!
Current: Seven 622 SLX | Seven OVRLND XX | Fondriest Carbon Magister | Yeti SB100 |
Retired: Litespeed T5G | Seven Axiom SL| Seven Mudhoney SL|S Works Crux |Fat CAAD 1 |

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

CamW wrote:Whats the stiffness of the bar like? I'm considering a set but my friend tells me the "stiff version" of the bar is still horribly flexy.

I can't say that it feels particularly flexy? I'm no lightweight and have a very stiff setup on my SystemSix in a Deda Trentacinque 35 combo, the Zipps certainly don't feel noticeably flexier, but now you've brought it up I'll give 'em a twist later :lol:

What are peoples thoughts on sticking my Bram M5 callipers on? They are certainly lighter, but maybe a bit too industrial looking maybe for this build?
Ti or dye!

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

CAADHEAD wrote:
CamW wrote:Whats the stiffness of the bar like? I'm considering a set but my friend tells me the "stiff version" of the bar is still horribly flexy.

I can't say that it feels particularly flexy? I'm no lightweight and have a very stiff setup on my SystemSix in a Deda Trentacinque 35 combo, the Zipps certainly don't feel noticeably flexier, but now you've brought it up I'll give 'em a twist later :lol:

What are peoples thoughts on sticking my Bram M5 callipers on? They are certainly lighter, but maybe a bit too industrial looking maybe for this build? What about tub recommendation, I don't race and use Gatorskin tubs on a day to day basis. Its been been a while since I used a racing tub like the Corsa's on here and although they felt great, for the riding I do mainly in rural locations I'd like something with a wider profile for more comfort and maybe flat protection but something a little nippier than the Gator's. I like the look of Corsa Evo CG but don't like the green tread, what are peoples thoughts on something in the 22 to 24mm tub profile range? I do have one brand new GP4000 tub here and thought I'd maybe buy another and try those out?
Ti or dye!

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

Geoff wrote:Looks like CAADHEAD needs a new name...

Lol, well all suggestions gratefully received :?: 8)
Ti or dye!

CamW

by CamW

Forgot to add: Sweet bike!

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Put the M5 brakes on. The Helix is industrial, and those calipers are lighter. Go for it.

KB

by KB

Stolichnaya wrote:Put the M5 brakes on. The Helix is industrial, and those calipers are lighter. Go for it.

Agree. It's a fully modern bike, so why not.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WasFab

by WasFab

Nice bike...! I love the setup you have. A question, maybe silly one, lightweight wheels are envy or is it just the stickers on envy hoops?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?2zeojl