BeeBee30's new ride(New pics added 12/5/13)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

Apologies for the low quality pic but here's a pic of my first Ti road bike, of course it had to be BB30, well PF30 in this case 8) . Its certainly not super light at around 6.7kg, but that was never the intention, I just wanted a smooth riding and durable rig, having realised that a carbon fibre, super light rocket is wasted on me lol, hence my Litespeed Archon C1 will soon be gracing the For Sale section.

Frame: Lynskey Helix OS medium
Fork: Enve 2.0
Headset: Chris King Inset
Shifters: DA 7900
Brakes: DA 7900
Rear derailleur: DA 7900
Front derailleur: DA 7900
Stem: Zipp Service Course SL
Bars: Zipp SL classic bend
Cranks: Cannondale Hollogram SL
Rings: Stronglight CT2
Pedals: Speedplay X1
Cassette: Sram Red
Seatpost: Lynskey
Saddle: Fizik Kurve Chameleon
Bottle cages: Arundal Carbon
Chain: KMC X10SL
Wheels: Lightweight Gen 1 20/20
Tires: Vittoria Corsa CX

Gave its first ride last night and it felt amazing, very stiff and comfortable, albeit with a different saddle, I haven't yet tried the new Kurve pictured. Future upgrades planned are Praxis rings, Aligator i-Links, fatter tubs, something like 24mm, probably gonna retire my aged Speedplays and maybe get Dura Ace SPD-SL's and I'm still deciding if I want to get some lighter callipers or use my M5's?
Last edited by BeeBee30 on Sun May 12, 2013 6:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KB

by KB

Great looking bike mate, shame about the pic. It deserves something better. As I expected the Dale cranks follow you around everywhere. We don't see many of them on TI bikes. The seatpost also looks right.

billspreston

by billspreston

Very nice! :thumbup:

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

Yeah I'll take the camera up the shop and take some better pics. Wasn't sure I could live with an inline post, but I have plenty of reach, got the seat post as part of the deal with the frame set and really wanted to use it, would maybe like a Ti stem to match but they are pretty pricey and not many around in 130mm 6 degree, shame the Spin on that lovely Renovo wooden frame machine are only available in -10 degree :cry:
Ti or dye!

CamW

by CamW

Whats the stiffness of the bar like? I'm considering a set but my friend tells me the "stiff version" of the bar is still horribly flexy.

Miller76

by Miller76

Love it!!!

Geoff

by Geoff

Looks like CAADHEAD needs a new name...

jrobart

by jrobart

sweet!
Current: Seven 622 SLX | Seven OVRLND XX | Fondriest Carbon Magister | Yeti SB100 |
Retired: Litespeed T5G | Seven Axiom SL| Seven Mudhoney SL|S Works Crux |Fat CAAD 1 |

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

CamW wrote:Whats the stiffness of the bar like? I'm considering a set but my friend tells me the "stiff version" of the bar is still horribly flexy.

I can't say that it feels particularly flexy? I'm no lightweight and have a very stiff setup on my SystemSix in a Deda Trentacinque 35 combo, the Zipps certainly don't feel noticeably flexier, but now you've brought it up I'll give 'em a twist later :lol:

What are peoples thoughts on sticking my Bram M5 callipers on? They are certainly lighter, but maybe a bit too industrial looking maybe for this build?
Ti or dye!

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

CAADHEAD wrote:
CamW wrote:Whats the stiffness of the bar like? I'm considering a set but my friend tells me the "stiff version" of the bar is still horribly flexy.

I can't say that it feels particularly flexy? I'm no lightweight and have a very stiff setup on my SystemSix in a Deda Trentacinque 35 combo, the Zipps certainly don't feel noticeably flexier, but now you've brought it up I'll give 'em a twist later :lol:

What are peoples thoughts on sticking my Bram M5 callipers on? They are certainly lighter, but maybe a bit too industrial looking maybe for this build? What about tub recommendation, I don't race and use Gatorskin tubs on a day to day basis. Its been been a while since I used a racing tub like the Corsa's on here and although they felt great, for the riding I do mainly in rural locations I'd like something with a wider profile for more comfort and maybe flat protection but something a little nippier than the Gator's. I like the look of Corsa Evo CG but don't like the green tread, what are peoples thoughts on something in the 22 to 24mm tub profile range? I do have one brand new GP4000 tub here and thought I'd maybe buy another and try those out?
Ti or dye!

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

Geoff wrote:Looks like CAADHEAD needs a new name...

Lol, well all suggestions gratefully received :?: 8)
Ti or dye!

CamW

by CamW

Forgot to add: Sweet bike!

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Put the M5 brakes on. The Helix is industrial, and those calipers are lighter. Go for it.

KB

by KB

Stolichnaya wrote:Put the M5 brakes on. The Helix is industrial, and those calipers are lighter. Go for it.

Agree. It's a fully modern bike, so why not.

WasFab

by WasFab

Nice bike...! I love the setup you have. A question, maybe silly one, lightweight wheels are envy or is it just the stickers on envy hoops?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?2zeojl

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com