Storck F0.6 - Best of Storck! New Pics on pg 5

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

jmartpr
Shop Owner

by jmartpr

We are almost there.....the final touch will be a set of ENVE 3.4 clincher built with Tune 45/170 hubs wrap in Veloflex tires. These should be ready today.

Here's the complete build list:

Frame/Fork/Brakes: Storck Fascenario 0.6 2013
Crankset: Storck PowerArms
Headset: Across/Storck Ceramic
Handlebar ENVE matte carbon
Stem ENVE matte carbon
Shifter/Derailleurs: Campy Super Record EPS
Cassette: Campy Super Record
Chain: KMC X11SL
Chainrings: Tune 53/39 full black alloy 130 bcd
Chainring bolts: KCNC Alloy Black
Seatpost: ENVE 31.6 seatback (straight which is what we need is in backorder for the moment)
Seat: 2013 Selle Italia SLR Tekno Flow
Seatclamp: Tune alloy
Wheelset: Custom ENVE 3.4 clinchers/Sapin CX-Ray Black/Tune MIg 45 + Mag 170
Tires: Veloflex Corsa 23 full black
Pedals: Look Keo Blade Ti
Handlebar Tape: Selle Italia Smootape .25 mm Black

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

konky

by konky

Great build. It's going to look the absolute nuts. I can't wait to see the photos.

That's a proper performance big mileage every day build. But pure class. High end builds can be let down by too much of a mish mash of brands/styles. Not true with this build. That would be particularly wrong with an F0.6 build as simplicity is the essence of this Storck.

jmartpr
Shop Owner

by jmartpr

Thanks! We think it looks great too as the ENVE parts match the frame finish.....we may try a custom Schmolke TLO handle bar and seatpost in UD matte if we decide to lower weight but then we would have another brand on the bike....so not sure about it. As is it's a solid build that can be used everyday while looking great. As soon as we get the wheels done will make sure to snap a couple of pics and post them.

Discoverspeed

by Discoverspeed

Jmatpr - I second konky's comments. Keep this build a rider's ride. This is a performance machine to be appreciated on the road and not just the weighing machine. Save the more exotic ww stuff for another light (and less costly) project frame - the F0.7 for example or even the Evo. The F0.6's premium price is about component matching, integration and overall ride quality.

You rightly pointed out the need for a straight zero setback seatpost. I tried AX's offset seatpost before and the balance is just wrong. I mean this bike's geometry encourages the rider to be positioned closer to the BB to keep the rider's CG balanced for good handling. The bike is also better balanced with lower handlebar stack height - again pushing the body weight forward and opening your hip angles. In short, your client will be in an aggressive position to be comfortable. I can't explain it but I think your client will appreciate what I mean after he tries. Just encourage him to experiment with a more forward and lower bar stack position. My mates were thrilled at my new fitted position on the F0.6 - it just looked right to them. More importantly, it felt right (and faster) to me too.

I like your choice of 23 mm Veloflex tires. Please let me know how they ride.
Last edited by Discoverspeed on Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Bikes: S-Works Venge 7.3kg
Storck F.3 5.5kg
Colnago Concept Art Deco CHDK 7/6.5kg
Collection: Team Ti Raleigh 753 Vintage Campy
Ex: Storck F0.6 Di2 6kg, Storck F0.7IS Di2 4.8kg, Storck Aero2 7.04kg Storck Organic Light 11.1kg

konky

by konky

I think UD schmolke stuff would work as it's very anonymous. Or it is with the light grey branding stickers that you can hardly see. They're very subtle. I guess it's personal but I don't like the classic orange colour. You can specify colour choice when you order.

konky

by konky

Yes Discoverspeed and I are agreed the 0.6 should not really be a WW project. You and your client clearly do also. It's too good for that and you don't want to compromise ride quality with inappropriate WW componants. Having said that Schmolke make true performance componants that just happen to be very light.

I have used very lightweight componants on my F0.6 build but performance comes first, weight second.

jmartpr
Shop Owner

by jmartpr

Agreed! With this bike there's so much more than weight.....

jmartpr
Shop Owner

by jmartpr

Build is finish but we have a little problem.....these new generation rims (ENVE Smart, Zipp Firecrest, etc) are a bit too wide for the frame and fork brake system.
Main problem is up front. We are thinking of sanding down the brake pads a few mm to get some clearance.
I hope this works as the wheelset were a requirement by the customer and we need to use the OEM ENVE pads.

konky

by konky

My brake pads were sanded down a bit but to get optimum brake pad angle to rim not because the rims were a bit wide.

jmartpr
Shop Owner

by jmartpr

Just consulted the issue with Storck....they are also sanding down pads when using wide rims to increase clerance..
We just took the stock ENVE pads and sand them down quite a bit....specially up front.
First test ride was good...still a bit of rubbing on the front as the new wheels will need re-centering / re-tension.
While the levers feel very light the stopping power is there....we just need to fine tune the pad angles once the clearance issue is solved.
On the ride.....this bike feels great and fast. This is a great all-around bike...and the Campy SR EPS is superb...effortless.

turbocarr

by turbocarr

jmartpr wrote:We are almost there.....the final touch will be a set of ENVE 3.4 clincher built with Tune 45/170 hubs wrap in Veloflex tires. These should be ready today.

Here's the complete build list:

Frame/Fork/Brakes: Storck Fascenario 0.6 2013
Handlebar ENVE matte carbon
Stem ENVE matte carbon
Shifter/Derailleurs: Campy Super Record EPS
Cassette: Campy Super Record
Chain: KMC X11SL
Seatpost: ENVE 31.6 seatback (straight which is what we need is in backorder for the moment)
Seat: 2013 Selle Italia SLR Tekno Flow
Seatclamp: Tune alloy
Wheelset: Custom ENVE 3.4 clinchers/Sapin CX-Ray Black/Tune MIg 45 + Mag 170
Tires: Veloflex Corsa 23 full black
Pedals: Look Keo Blade Ti
Handlebar Tape: Selle Italia Smootape .25 mm Black

Considereing your wheel setup. What's the weight of the wheels? Thx

jmartpr
Shop Owner

by jmartpr

Sorry....don't have the weight for the wheelset but if I had to guess I would say low 1300s grams

morrisond

by morrisond

We just finished my 0.6 (I got it through Cippoforlife)

We're having the brake issues as well. We're there updated Carbon Parts that allow more brake clearance?

Pictures to come soon, but here is the build list.

Frame/Fork/Brakes: Storck Fascenario 0.6 2012 Size 59
Handlebar ENVE matte carbon - With graphics removed and Black ENVE Logos painted on to Match ENVE Smart Rims Logos
Stem ENVE matte carbon - With graphics removed and Black ENVE Logos painted on to Match ENVE Smart Rims Logos
Shifter/Derailleurs: Dura Ace Di2
Cassette: Dura Ace
Chain: Dura Ace
Seatpost: ENVE 31.6 seatback - With graphics removed and Black ENVE Logos painted on to Match ENVE Smart Rims Logos
Seat: Tune Speedneedle Alcantara
Seatclamp: Storck
Wheelset: Custom ENVE 3.4 clinchers/Sapin CX-Ray Black/Tune MIg 70 + Mag 170 - in Blue to Match Storck Blue Accents
Tires: Conti GP4000S 25mm(Lots of gravel around my house) with Supersonic Tubes
Pedals: Dura Ace 7900 Carbon
Handlebar Tape: Fizik Felt/Seude Tape to match Alcantara on seat
Computer: Shimano SC-7900 to get rid of ugly Junction Box hanging Down
Battery: Calfee Internal

It came out at 13.1 Ready to go without Pedals - Not bad for a big Bike and clinchers

Going for the test ride in a few minutes

konky

by konky

Another fab 0.6 build. Envy seems to be the componant of choice with this frame. I went Germanic.

Envy wheels are obviously a bit wide. Absolutely no probs with my Dura Ace C35 tubs or AX Lightness wheels.

jmartpr
Shop Owner

by jmartpr

We spoke with Storck and THM and the only solution is to sand down the pads.....on the front you really have to take off a lot of material.
Our F0.6 is working perfectly after the modification. Watch out for the pad to rim contact angle.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com