Who can draw me a new fork in photoshop? Help please

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

Hi everybody,

Those of you who how read my Renovo wooden bike topic, will know that I am still struggling on finding the right fork to match the frame. I am currently using an Easton EC90 fork, as you can see in the pictures below.

I already had an English Cycles fork built for the frame, but it looked horrible. Whilst searching the web for better options, I came across a couple of Columbus MAX forks that might look nice with the frame, as Columbus MAX fork blades are the widest tapered steel fork blades readily available. I contacted Eric Estlund from Winter Cycles and he would be able to do a Columbus MAX fork for this built.

However, to prevent having a fork built that won't look good on the frame again, I would like to ask if there is anyone here with the skills to draw me a new fork in photoshop?

Here is the best picture I have of the bike:

In the meantime I did change the stem to a polished one and I also had to replace the rims, which are now H Plus Son Polished rims. Unfortunately I do not have a good side view picture of the bike in the new configuration. The best picture I have is this one (Fizik Arione is just temporary):

Eric gave me a couple of different options for the MAX fork, but for the time being the most important thing is whether MAX shaped fork blades will look nice with the frame and whether I need to go with straight or slightly bent blades. The outer diameter of the CK headset is about 45mm. The top of the MAX fork blades is 36mm.

Here are a couple of examples of Columbus MAX forks.

:thanx: in advance

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SlipperyT

by SlipperyT

Frankly a wooden fork seems to be the only option.

Machinenoise

by Machinenoise

Sorry I can't help with the photoshop too much, might be able to give it a go with the top pic (but i'm sure there are better people out there). But just wanted to say Columbus MAX forks are lovely, but bloody heavy! I have a set on an old zeus bike now donated to the missus. a 1" steerer set in dark red; and I can also supply the necessary pics for a better Photoshopper too.

Edit:Coffee break attempt:- Image
went for a deep browny red colour to try and complement the wooden hue.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

I'm thinking a non (or just slightly) tapered (and I mean the fork legs, not the steerer) aero fork might look nice next to the super beefy down "tube" (plank?). Along the lines of 3T Funda or Bacchetta Full Carbon Johnson Fork

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

@wassertreter: I did consider a 3T funda fork for a while. After seeing another Renovo built up with one however, I decided it isn't going to work with this frame. The reason for this, I think, is that to look nice the fork needs to match the rear seat stays, which are tapered and have a slight curve to them.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Fair enough, anyway I think the Easton in the pic above is a nice match. Maybe just a paint job needed?

mimason

by mimason

Maybe paint the Easton the tan color from the inside chain and seat stays and the down tube lettering???

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

I don't think the black color is black per say. In the picture below I think it looks pretty darn sweet.

@Machinenoise: I have sold quite a few Merckx MX-leader frames, so I know they forks are pretty heavy. However, weight is not the biggest issue for this build. Thanks for the first attempt by the way. I must say the straight blades look pretty good.

fa63

by fa63

I would go with straight legs, looks much better on this frame IMO.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BobSantini

by BobSantini

I prefer curved forks. Those Easton forks look pretty nice.
Maybe you could put a red tinted clear coat over them so they feel more at home with that rich red frame.

I think those twisted spokes look wrong. They look a bit agricultural to my eye.
They also look somewhat structurally compromised, maybe not enough to matter though.
r o y g b i v