Mallorca in July

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

djm

by djm

I'll be on Mallorca July 4th-11th and will be riding..

Would there be any kind of races on during this period, and races that are open for me (M elite - club racer)? Is there a place to find an overview of races..?

If anyone's up for a ride let me know. I'll be staying in Port d'Alcudia and will go riding very early in the morning to avoid some of the heat.. :-)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Not really. Number of competitions at elite level here in July but they are club based. No club, no ride. You could always try and email the organising club but without a RFEC license (which you get through your club) then you are a liability, technically.
fwiw you can see them here http://www.webfcib.es/cat/clasificacion ... =Carretera

I did some M40 races but got fed up being caned by Tony Tauler & Joan Llaneras!

I dont ride much in mid summer as thats when I have to work for a living.There is a chain ride from Tolos in Pto Pollenca every day at 11 but its dog slow....

djm

by djm

Thanks for the tips Leviathan!

Now I just need to find some contact info on the organizer, G. C. Son Ferriol and ask them.. no Google hits yet :-)

Located a forum where people seem to agree on where to meet up for rides etc. though.. (http://www.mallorcaenbici.com) Maybe I'll pay some attention there and I can get to practice some Spanish.. haha :-)

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Dont think Mallorcaenbici does much rides in July but I may, and probably am, wrong.
Think GC Son Ferriol has its "clubhouse" in a bar just down the street from my kids school in Son Indioteria, will ask!

djm

by djm

Awesome! Thanks :-)

...and do let me know if you in spite of your bicycle hiatus would be available for a ride!

I'll be going to Orient and Sa Calobra for lunch..