Storck F0.6 - Best of Storck! New Pics on pg 5

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

konky

by konky

Discoverspeed

Hope you don't mind me asking more questions -

Are those jockey wheels working OK? What's the weight difference compared to the stock Di2 Shimano ones.

Are you planning on fitting a remote bar mounted shifter? I'm tempted to fit the Shimano climbing ones. I think they will look better than the more difficult to fit Cateye buttons and be less sensitive, i.e. require more push.

How do you like the Storck F geometry? You've got a fair few spacers fitted. That would suggest the drop may be a touch low. How's the saddle over BB fit and the reach?

Konky

Discoverspeed

by Discoverspeed

Konky -

Always happy to share views.

1. The blue Jockey wheels are KCNC hybrid ceramic ones. They are lighter than the standard pulleys but unfortunately I cannot remember by how much. I added the blue pulleys to continue with the theme of speed blue color highlighting that Storck has done on their components - as well as the pulleys being smoother.

2. Yes, my build (and build weight) shown here include the Shimano remote shifters. I prefer the original over the cateye buttons as there is lower risk of accidentally triggering shifts when your hands are over the bars. You got to consciously use your thumb and apply some push to shift the Shimano satellites. I have also tried other modified buttons but nothing comes close to the water-proofing of the Shimano originals.

3. I do like the F0.6 geometry now that I have developed better flexibility over the past year riding almost exclusively in the TT position. The test build photo posted is conservatively buffered - a lot of spacers added and a three sizes shorter stem.

As I am writing this after a couple of rides, I have just lowered my stem by 2cm, with only a 1 cm spacer left and will try a 1 cm longer stem. My saddle to top of stem drop is now 12cm with a further 14cm drop to the bar drops (the Storck bar has quite an aggressive drop).

The saddle is more forward due to the zero offset seat post (which partly addresses the longer top tube) and saddle length, with the saddle tip almost directly over (-1cm) the center of the BB. This more forward position (together with the lower drop I am orientating to) helps to open my hip angle better and allows me to maintain power better.

All in all, with a height of 1.74m and saddle height of 73cm, I am fitting very well on the size 51.

I will post a final position shot after I dial in my ride - perhaps after a month or so.
Current Bikes: S-Works Venge 7.3kg
Storck F.3 5.5kg
Colnago Concept Art Deco CHDK 7/6.5kg
Collection: Team Ti Raleigh 753 Vintage Campy
Ex: Storck F0.6 Di2 6kg, Storck F0.7IS Di2 4.8kg, Storck Aero2 7.04kg Storck Organic Light 11.1kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

konky

by konky

I am going for the black (or dak grey really) and silver/graphite of the Di2 componants and Storck frame graphics so if I do upgrade on jocky wheels I will go for black. I am still keen to keep weight down so it may be worth doing especially if they are smoother too.

The F geometry works great for me too. I've got 10mm of spacers and could go down to the optimum 5mm but probably won't. Like you I've got around 10mm saddle tip to BB and I also find it fits my physiology perfectly. The drop is aggressive but that's OK. It is a 110% race bike for effing sake.

I have a remote climbers switcher on order now and have decided to definately go with it. It will be compatible with the fantasically smooth and solid feel of the 0.6 and the precision of Di2. Having comfortale push button shifting will ad to the overall magnificent experience that the Di2 F0.6 delivers.

sjc166

by sjc166

Love this bike! So much so that I am laying out some hard earned on a storck frame too....albeit my build budget will not come close to this bike.

TOflat

by TOflat

sjc166 wrote:Love this bike! So much so that I am laying out some hard earned on a storck frame too....albeit my build budget will not come close to this bike.

Do it! You'll love it!

jmartpr
Shop Owner

by jmartpr

I have a question for F0.6 owners......we just received today the first F0.6 and is all matte color but on the website + Storck's literature/books from the show it shows the 2012 as half matte/half gloss. I think the fork would have looked better with the half/half finish but I can live with it...But did they sent out 2012 frames full matte? I'm a bit worried as we had sold the frame based ont he 2012 catalogs.

Discoverspeed

by Discoverspeed

Full black matt is the new 2012/2013 color. Saves weight as the previous gloss ascents on the 2011/2012 models were like decals/ laminate over the matt black.

Frankly speaking the full matt color looks much better. A weenie signature. I think the F0.6 is also the only frame in Storck's 2012/2013 range to have the "honor" of this stealth color. The Fenomalist will no longer be in matt black.

The matt finish on the F0.6 is impeccable. I have seen many other matt black finishes on carbon and it is very difficult to finish it as uniformly matt black as Storck has. Many of the other brands are matt clear finish over UD which shows imperfections and swirls underneath but the F0.6 is a uniform matt black paint finish.

I think no F0.6 buyer will be disappointed with the full matt black signature piece. Well at least you are assured that you have the very latest F0.6 frame.
Storck F.3 5.5kg
Ex: Storck F0.6 Di2 6kg, Storck F0.7IS Di2 4.8kg, Storck Aero2 7.04kg Storck Organic Light 11.1kg

jmartpr
Shop Owner

by jmartpr

Thanks for the info.....I also like the full matte finish. Hopefully the client wont complain about the discrepancies betwwen catalogs. We also didn't received the seatpost but that's ok as we will use ENVE matte components with campy super record eps.

konky

by konky

I have a matt/gloss version and like it a lot. I accidentally cracked the top tube so am getting another 0.6 frame under the Storck crash replacement policy and it's going to be the latest all matt version. It's interesting to think why Marcus Storck changed the paint scheme in less than a year of production. Was it for aethetic or technical reasons?

At an rate now I've seen the new look 0.6 I think it looks superb and certainly even better than the old one. I'm pleased I'm getting the new variety.

jmartpr
Shop Owner

by jmartpr

Ok...build is almost done but just found out that the special alloy insert for the fork (you can't use a regular expander/compressor) is missing :cry:
Storck just sent the missing parts so guess by Friday it should be done.
Going back on the finish, once build up it does look really nice with the combo of matte and glossy parts.
We went with ENVE components to complement the looks....and Campy Super Record EPS....can't wait to test this bike!

konky

by konky

Wow. Please do post photos when you can and also build list and final weight. Hopefully the client will be OK with that.

sjc166

by sjc166

TOflat wrote:
sjc166 wrote:Love this bike! So much so that I am laying out some hard earned on a storck frame too....albeit my build budget will not come close to this bike.

Do it! You'll love it!

Done it. Check out my scenario 1.0 post and let me know what you think

konky

by konky

Hi Discoverspeed

How are you getting on with your 0.6. now you must have really done some miliage. Interested to hear more on how it compares to the 0.7 you have/had and other high end bikes you've tried/owned. What do think of the brakes particularly on big descents?

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Speak to CippoForLife - he can get you some stickers done to match the Storck blue:

Discoverspeed

by Discoverspeed

@jmartpr - hope your build is completed. It would be interesting to see how the Matt seat post will look like on a full build. I am resisting to change the gloss black ultra comfort seat post to other models as it feels very supple and comfortable. Good for long rides.

@BikeTart - thanks for the tips. I intend to change to a special pair of wheels co-branded by Storck when they are made available. The new pair will be stunning with the F0.6 scheme.

@konky - not enough miles yet as I was back on TT for a while and am now traveling. Will log a report once I touch 2000 km - the shortest distance I think to give a reasonable evaluation. However I must say so far so good and I am very impressed. Better than my F0.7IS and certainly much better than my Dogma. Cervelo S5 is slightly more difficult to compare with as I set it up quite differently (somewhere between TT and road). F0.6 has better handling, road comfort (I believe the new seat post helps) and incredible power transfer. I will leave more comments on the longer term report.
Storck F.3 5.5kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com