Which Di2 harness for a BMC Team machine 57cm?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ruds

by Ruds

Hey guys,

I've got a new frame on the way and it would help get me out on the road quicker if I can buy the wiring harness ahead of delivery!

I'd guess it's a internal harness but could any owners out there confirm this for me?

cwdzoot
Shop Owner

by cwdzoot

The BMC Di2 frames are all interal and it's very neatly done. Are you planning Ultegra or DA?
Instagram - stylish square bike pics
Flickr - over 20 million views for good reason
Facebook - friends get the good info & coupons first

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ruds

by Ruds

Thank you for the reply cwdzoot!

It's Di2, I'm transferring it all over from my Giant TCR ISP so it's just the harness I'm missing!

cwdzoot
Shop Owner

by cwdzoot

I am not sure of the lengths - I don't have a 57cm in stock but see the battery mount here:

It's the short battery mount internal wire kit you need.

Instagram - stylish square bike pics
Flickr - over 20 million views for good reason
Facebook - friends get the good info & coupons first

Ruds

by Ruds

Thank you once again :thumbup:

Frames just arrived, pretty good looking, can't wait to have it built up.

Weights for those who may be interested:

Frame 57cm (no hardware): 972g
Fork 338g
Seat post +15mm 195g
Headset inc top spacer 67g
Seat post clamp 19g

Thank you once again :thumbup:

Ruds

by Ruds

Does anyone know a shop that has the above internal Di2 harness in stock in the UK? I'm struggling to find one, they all seem to be sold out...

Or in the states if I can get a quick delivery?

Thanks guys!!

Ruds

by Ruds

After some mixup on the wiring harness I am pretty much done building my SLR01, it's stunning!!

I am not quite finished, the steerer is still to cut to exact length, I had a full internal wiring harness coming after a mix up and I'm replacing the bolts with Ti.

As seen with my 808's & SRM Power meter it's 6.95kg!

Love it so far :mrgreen:

WasFab

by WasFab

Ruds wrote:Thank you for the reply cwdzoot!

It's Di2, I'm transferring it all over from my Giant TCR ISP so it's just the harness I'm missing!

Hi I'm thinking about the Advanced SL ISP DI2 frame, did you have one?bwhat can you tell about it?
Thanks.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?uhwfzz

Ruds

by Ruds

Specifically I had a large 2010 TCR Advanced SL ISP. I believe they have redesigned the frame this year but they have kept the same geometry (specifically the 72.5 degreed SP angle) which was my issue with it.

It was a very stiff frame, especially the front end, I believe this contributed to it's good handling and it was especially noticeable descending going into a fast corner when braking with the front as hard as possible and peeling into the turn with a lot of weight on the front to really get some good grip. The lack of deflection was awesome, I don't know if my new BMC can get near that. It's lighter and just by doing a very simple totally non specific pinching of the dropouts together both front and back I don't think it's going to be in the same league stiffness wise.

But as nice as it was to have that stiffness it was a pretty harsh frame although I believe what Giant say about about the ISP helping reduce this.

The detailing on my Giant was much poorer than the BMC. Frankly I've been astounded so far by the build quality of the BMC. (that I'm actually able to see, can't comment on actual structure and layup of the frame because it's obviously hidden). So much so that I'm going to buy a TM01 once they come back in stock in the UK. I've had a lot of experience with high end composite parts and honestly a lot of bike components don't come close to belonging in this category but the BMC is the most nicely finished frame I've seen to date and I'm hoping that care extends to the structural build quality as well.

I would recommend the Giant if you race and you are sure the geometry suits you. It is geared towards a huge amount of layback and the frustratingly old school seat clamp on my 2010 didn't allow a whole lot of adjustment. So again, just check the geo! I would recommend it for it's handling and peddling efficiency.

HTH

WasFab

by WasFab

Ruds wrote:Specifically I had a large 2010 TCR Advanced SL ISP. I believe they have redesigned the frame this year but they have kept the same geometry (specifically the 72.5 degreed SP angle) which was my issue with it.
HTH

What you mean about the degree of the seat tube which is 72.5...? That's causing a layback position which is uncomfortable? Plus the fact that the frame is very stiff..?
I'm riding currently Cento Uno 2010 also ISP and I found the frame very comfortable and stiff enough. I thought of changing to Advanced SL with an Ultegra DI2 but I still have difficulty to let go of the Cento Uno.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?xhlgom

Ruds

by Ruds

Sorry for the confusion. The seat tube angle is a problem because I couldn't get the saddle far enough forward. Nothing to do with the frame being harsh. 72.5 degrees is pretty much the lowest seat tube angle I could find compared to any other manufacturers bike. My point being it is unusual.

HTH

WasFab

by WasFab

Thanks
Btw do you know, or anyone knows how the sticker kit that Shimano has for mounting the DI2 wiring externally on regular frame called.
Thanks

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5rwlk2

DartanianX

by DartanianX

WasFab wrote:Thanks
Btw do you know, or anyone knows how the sticker kit that Shimano has for mounting the DI2 wiring externally on regular frame called.
Thanks

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5rwlk2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is a link to the external wire covers for Di2

http://www.cyclesport.com/road-bike/SHI ... IRE-GUIDES" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Grtz

WasFab

by WasFab

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com