Preventing cable rub - what do you use?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RyanH

by RyanH

I use 3M clear shield. You can buy various widths by the yard for relatively cheap. On my carbon frame, I applied it to the stays and used it as a chain protector (worked well).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

aeroslave

by aeroslave

Kasparz wrote:A clear tape. Costs what 20 cents, weights nothing.

+1 . thats what I use on my bikes....
"Light bike? Its still about the engine!".

Kasparz

by Kasparz

RyanH wrote:I use 3M clear shield. You can buy various widths by the yard for relatively cheap. On my carbon frame, I applied it to the stays and used it as a chain protector (worked well).

Clear tape might be too thin as a chain protector, but black ductape works like the business. No need for fancy schmancy 10$ chain protectors.

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

rbrtwyn wrote:I use Jagwire mini tube tops:

http://www.ebikestop.com/jagwire_mini_t ... CA2250.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Works really well but you have to put them on when you are installing the housing.

They also have larger ones that snap onto the housing but those seem to leave rub marks for me, the mini tube tops do not.

Jagwire racer cable kits come with several cable protectors that are longer in length, cut in half. The problem is they won't stay on. So I wrap them with black eletrical tape...works fine.

I would like a better fitting solutions that is just flat black, about 1-1/2" in length that won't fall off....But it works for now.