Show us your Dales

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

masters324

by masters324

olebole wrote:
masters324 wrote:My latest Cannondale build.. Thinking about making it flat black again :noidea:
**Please excuse my current crankset as it was the only bb30 I had in my bike box :oops: Thinking about Cannondale Hollowgram for sure.. or maybe wired srm
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e157/ ... tem6-2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e157/ ... tem6-1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LOVE IT!

What bars?

Currently using some beefy 2012 Deda Elementi RHM02 Alloy Handlebars.. weight is like 320grams... Once I get a crankset I'll look to change the bars out for something lighter..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

termitelight

by termitelight

15.3lbs 2008 SystemSix Image

KWalker

by KWalker

2012 CAAD 10 frameset
52/36 Red rings on a compact Rotor 3D SRM
3T Arx 120mm team stem, 3T 42 cm Rotundo Pro bars
Fizik Cyrano carbon post
Romin Pro saddle
DA 7900
Ultegra 11-23 cassette on these wheels.
De-badged Zipp 808 Firecrest tubulars
SRM PCVII
pretty sure that's it:
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

53x12

by 53x12

^ Walker, what is the weight? Build looks great.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

KWalker

by KWalker

Haven't weighed it yet with the race wheels on, but will soon once the upcoming parts go on. Thanks for the compliment- I love the bike!
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

53x12

by 53x12

The bike is perfect as it is. You really don't need to upgrade anything now. I would stand put as it is personally. Any upgrades would provide marginal benefit. Well, except for the Hollowgram cranks. :beerchug:
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

Zitter

by Zitter

looks perfect

makes me want to get a quarq or srm spider for my hollowgrams...

KWalker

by KWalker

Thanks for the compliments. The SL4 was a great bike no doubt, but for some reason I like this one more. Its a little more harsh, might be stiffer I can't really tell but I just really like the way it rides and handles.

All the mods are just small things designed to get the weight down slightly plus I like sealed cables like the I-links for where I live because it rains quite often. I'm hoping to get my hands on a carbon railed Romin and maybe a Berk post with some reinforcements, which should drop around 140g total. I could stand to drop another 60 with the I-links and maybe a lighter expander plug setup to drop ~215. Not that it matters much where I live, but its fun to trick stuff out.

9000 is far off in the future, but I'm a Shimano fanboy and I know that I'll be ridiculously tempted once its out. The Hollowgrams are more of a pipe dream so I don't have to use the 3D+ adapters without having to buy a heavy BB adapter setup, but the 3D+ have been awesome thus far.

Oh and I need to upgrade the cages. Recs are welcome. Have Arundel composite, but they can't hold a bottle over gravel for shit. Thinking King Ti or maybe Arundel mandibles.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

53x12

by 53x12

How much do you want to spend on cages? For good quality light weight I would look on eBay for Chinese carbon cages. I have had a lot of good luck with them.

Zitter

by Zitter

mandibles are the best i've ever used, never lost a bottle

KWalker

by KWalker

With cages I don't mind saving up a bit. They just have to hold, match my paint, and be not overly heavy. The Arunel composite cages are horrible, but the Dave-O's I had in the past never tossed a bottle.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

majklnajt

by majklnajt

KWalker, your caad looks sick!!!!!! :thumbup:

KB

by KB

I would maybe go with lower profile wheels, but otherwise perfect. It's one of those bikes that just looks right. Love it, well done.

53x12

by 53x12

^ The FC 808s are actually really nice to ride. Don't feel as deep as they are. However, always a good excuse to get a FC 404 front to make the wheel set more versatile. :)

KWalker

by KWalker

Thanks and I agree it'd look better with some 303s probably, but the racing is basically flat to rolling where I live so given that I'm more of a diesel/TT type I had to go with the 808's since I could use them for just about everything. I thought of doing the 404 front, but in the end I've never had a single issue with the 808 FCs in strong winds so I figured that I'd take whatever extra speed I could get. They really don't feel as heavy and as bulky as older deep rims and I think handle better in wind than my Fulcrum Racing Speed XLRs did. If I could have it my way I'd have a set of 303's as well.

I'll try to get a pic later with my training wheels mounted, which are ~32mm or so.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com