Zipp 202 When?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spytech

by spytech

When will the zipp 202 be released? they are not even on the zipp web page. does anyone know when they are suppose to be out?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

spytech wrote:When will the zipp 202 be released? they are not even on the zipp web page. does anyone know when they are suppose to be out?

From what I hear locally (at some of their biggest dealers) they are vaporware right now.
Ride lightly!

spytech

by spytech

oooh, so it might not even be produced, or maybe at a later date?

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

spytech wrote:oooh, so it might not even be produced, or maybe at a later date?

Maybe at a later date?

Zipp seem to be good at doing this, it's no where close to being the first time they announce something and then take ages to release it.

Personally I wouldn't buy a set for at least a year or so after they come out. Look how many incarnations all their stuff goes through, something pretty much every year changes.
Ride lightly!

J-Nice

by J-Nice

their catalog is out- I saw it at my local bike shop. They are woefully dreadful at updating their website and product line. And the fact that the cycling industry as a whole has adopted an attitude of yearly product changes (usually just for the sake of change and to give the cycling buying public something to get excited about) R&D is left up to the consumer, regardless of how many miles the say their stuff is tested by pro riders. The way they crank new items out there is insufficient time to test these products, leaving it up to the consumer to see what works when they finally are sold to the public.

jim

by jim

those rims are real. i have witnessed them first hand, both at interbike, and with various folks who are testing for zipp. as for their release date, that is a matter best discussed with zipp.

vaporware... lol, your buddies at spada seem to be good at that, old bald man

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

jim wrote:those rims are real. i have witnessed them first hand, both at interbike, and with various folks who are testing for zipp. as for their release date, that is a matter best discussed with zipp.

vaporware... lol, your buddies at spada seem to be good at that, old bald man

I called them that because that's what my LBS called them, who do discuss things with Zipp.

There is no need to attack me, or the company Spada.
Ride lightly!

jim

by jim

attack? i don't see any personal attack targeted at you personally in that post. spada, yes, my comment was negative towards them, but not you. perhaps you are offended at my mispelling of your name... ye olde bald one... my error there...

Superlite

by Superlite

Man! Eveeryone thinks there being attacked lately! Me twice in the last week, now Jim, when there was no attacking! Just oppinions and jokes! Everyone just chill. Every friggin day some punk is complaining because they take text out of context. Not to mention the use of emotions so you know its a joke, or your serious, or whatever the mood that is intended to get across, and yet you still ignore them.

This isn't pointed at anyone, but I've had 2 people in the last week say I was " ATTACKING THEM" when in fact I wasn't, just putting some humor into it. STOP TAKING ALL OF THIS CRAP SO SERIOUSLY!

Everyone on here is whining, "Oh, your attacking me!, Someone do something!" Bunch of cry babies and tattle tales. :roll:

Don't flame and attack just to do it. Read it first, read it again if you need to, and think about what is written.

cadence90

by cadence90

We need emoticons for "flame" and "chill".

We need an emoticon for "more talk/less emotion".

We need an emoticon for "less talk/more emotion".

We need an emoticon for bad taste paraphrase: "can't we all just f@*^#@n' get along?"

We need an emoticon for "emoticon party hapnin' sat nite!!!"

We need an emoticon for "nuke the emoticons".....
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

spytech

by spytech

Guys stop all this bad/good emotions. I JUST NEED TO KNOW when the Damn 202 are coming... :lol:

anyone with a good source know anything about anything on the 202's :?:

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

@ spytech

Did you try e-mailing those guys at zip?
Most of the time supliers give an honest answer!
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

spytech

by spytech

Frankie - B wrote:@ spytech

Did you try e-mailing those guys at zip?
Most of the time supliers give an honest answer!

well what do you know, i did not even think of that. i ruled it out because i thought they would just blow me off.

i will give it a try - i will post my findings ASAP.

Good one Frankie :idea:

doozer

by doozer

I'd go with the reynold cirro UL KOMs.. rim weight is awesome.. I know that the wheels could be lighter at the hubs but inertia of these wheels must be one of the lowest around. $1800 a pair I think. didn't someone mention that Reynolds may build with other hubs on request?? surely then it would be possible to get a sub 1kilo wheelset. if not get the wheels and rebuild with new hubs.. not cheap but if someone is absolutely minted then they could have a very light set of wheels indeed!!!

doozer :mrgreen:
Dance you cares away, worries for another day, dance your cares away, down at fragglerock.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spytech

by spytech

i contacted reynolds, and they said that they do not recommend the cirro ul kom's for riders heavier than 175lbs - they will not do custom drillings or other hubs, and they do not plan to sell the rims alone. Best bet is to get the cirro, not the cirro kom ul (280g). stratus ul are 285g i would def look into those. but lets see what the zipp 202 are like.

stratus are $1799, i bet i can get the 202's for under 1100 bucks, and i just want the rims, so i can build them up with the hubs i want, i might get them cheaper.