New wheels - Using RTS Carbon T1000 50mm rim

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Hello a little help for building a Trainning wheels.

Roads here in Portugal are good to play with marbles, so i want to save my normal wheels the Mavic and build a relative stiff, more or less cheap sub 1200g carbon tubular wheels with a good and afordable replacement Carbon Rim, in case of anything.

Tubular Road Wheels, using this material:

• RTS Carbon 50mm Tubular T1000 Matt Carbon no Stickers in 24/28 Spokes - http://rtsfrance.com/fr/portables-apple/30-50mm.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
• Alchemy ELF/ORC Hubs Campy
• Pillar Mega Lite SS Spokes Black – Radial Front Wheel – Rear Wheel Cross 3X Drive Side and Radial Non Drive Side
• Internal Nipples Hex10
weight using this spokes - 1165g (+ or -) 40g (depends on the rim weight)
total project - sub 1000€

I weight 85kg full equipped

does any one as experience with this rims. please contact me.
Will this make a stiff wheel using this spokes or do you recommend any other aero spoke like DT or Sapim or even the Pillar 1422 or 1420.

Best Regards to you all.

hanzypanzy
Shop Owner

by hanzypanzy

Hi,

Id do a little research into RTS carbon to be honest. I have been in the business of carbon frames, rims etc for many years now and in the past 3-4 yrs I have seen some RTS products fail.

There are many many other carbon rim suppliers that can sell you a known quality carbon rim for your build.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Hello thanks for the answer can you name some.
Best regards